Help me out guys!!!Urgent!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me out guys!!!Urgent!!!

there is no power when I trying to start up my car,just occured suddenly.If I opened the hood and close it again,there will be some power enable me to lock the car and lit the dome light,but as I want to crank the starter to start the car,the electricity goes out again,nothing left,all the power lost,the horn even won't work.What could be problem guys!!! I am really worrying now! Any input is to be appricated!!! thanx!!!!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Sounds like you have a dead battery! Maby you left something on or running.
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

a dead battery? how could that be possible? the battery light doesn't even turn on when I was driving just now.That does not sound possible.So,assume the battery is dead,then what I can do? O,geez,sigh...........

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

Do you have any jumper cables? Get somebody to give you a jump, if that doesn't work it might be something else. Try to do that and get back to me.

Comment

Better yet, if you can't get jumper cables try wiggling the battery cables, they might just be loose.

Comment

solved!!! thanx man for your idea,I asked my friend come and point his HID at my engine bay,when I trying to start the car,there is sparks at negative terminal.Then I figured out that I forgot to tighten the negative terminal well after installed an amp yesterday............. geee,finally it's solved,appreciated man for your input!

Comment

Your welcome dude. Glad I could help a fellow member out.

Comment

yeah bro,all good now.I was wondering how could the battery be dead since I just bought it for like half a year and never drained it even once.I was kinda worrying it's the alternator not charging it.But the battery light did not lit on the gauge,usually when the alternator fails,the battery light will be on for a period of time,then the battery will die at last.So I checked the webs,some are saying it could be the relay,that's even not ok for me cauz there is no place to change the replay now and tomorrow almost all car shops will be close. Now the problem solved but I still could not get a clue why a loosen terminal will cause this......
                Last edited by exexexex; 10-03-2004, 04:11 AM.

Comment

So are you OK now...... or do you need some sort of relay? Not quite sure what your asking.

Comment

Sorry I just re-read your post so ignore^ that. Yeah not being grounded causes a lot of shit.

Comment

lol all this over a negative side terminal well it could happen to anyone though.

Comment

Did you ground your amp all the way to the negative terminal on the battery?

If so, nothing wrong with that but its much easier to just ground it to any part of the chasis... (the whole car is a negative ground)

So just drill a hole right next to the amp and bolt that cable down next time

If I read that wrong and you didnt do that sorry for telling you something you already know!
                        So, is that what you call a getaway?
                        Tell me what you got away with.
                        Cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish.
                        I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids.

Have another drink and drive yourself home.
                        I hope there's ice on all the roads.
                        And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt,
                        and again when your head goes through the windshield.

And is that what you call tact?
                        You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back.

Comment

Re: Help me out guys!!!Urgent!!!

Originally posted by exexexex
                          If I opened the hood and close it again,there will be some power enable me to lock the car and lit the dome light.
                          not trying to be an asshole, but just pointing something out. if you notice this problem, check your battery cables, it happened to a friend of mine. this is for all the n00bs that it might happen to.

exex, shit like that happens bro. lol. i hope you ran them amp wires properly.
                          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

there is a problem with running a negative wire all the way to the battery. There is a reason that the amp's say to ground less then 18" from the amp. The + is fine to run all the way to the battery, but you're supposed to ground close, you'll be putting extra stress on the amp that you do not want to put on it.

I had my alternator go on me, and a few of my friends who have cb7's had them go as well, battery light never came on. I knew something was up when my stereo turned off so I pulled over, sure enough, I had a dead alternator...
                            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

O,thanx guys for input.Actually I didn't ground my amp to the battery,I grounded it to the chassis instead.The only problem was I removed the negative terminal to installl the amp,after that,I put it back,but forgot to tighten it well.That's why......

Comment

Working...
                              X