wire tuck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire tuck???

is there a god DIY on a wire tuck.ive looked aroud bu not too much on what wire need to be lengthened. im plannin to do it pretty soon. so i might need some help wit some good pics of what needs to be extended.. thanx in advance to any one u helps...

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

x2

im thinking of cleaning mine up a bit too

i'll shall search!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7 View Post
      is there a god DIY on a wire tuck.ive looked aroud bu not too much on what wire need to be lengthened. im plannin to do it pretty soon. so i might need some help wit some good pics of what needs to be extended.. thanx in advance to any one u helps...
      ok I have pix of while I was doin my wire tuck but not of the actual wire to extend... but I will give you a run down right now... first go to your local JY and pick up driver and passenger wire harness... on the driver side cut it from the fuel injector box and take everything from there forward... on the passenger cut it from near the fuse box and pull everything forward.....ok so first thing you do after you have done all this and are standing in front of you car is... take a deep breath.. lmao... nah but anyways take the bumper of as well ass fenders... I started on the driver side an I first cut 2 holes one on the outside which you need to do to get to the inside...also I found it easier to just pull off the headlights and housings... pull all the wires up to your drill point and run them thru... also I DO NOT HAVE A/C SO I DID NOT WIRE THE SOLONOIDS OR EXTEND WIRES FOR THEM... once you have them thru the wholes you have made bring them as far as you can but as far as yankin on it yuh kno... the exact same thing goes for the passenger side just alot smaller bundle of wires...ALSO I HAVE FOGS SO IF YOU DO YOU WILL ROUTE THESE ALONG WITH THE HARNESS... ok now (wires to be extended)(driver side) low beam,highbeam,washer fluid,horn,bumper turn signal,2 upper turn signals, and your side markers if you have them... this is wat the driver side piece you cut from the JY is for.. you only need a foot or a foot and a half and that with plenty of slack....(passenger side) high beam,low beam,horn,bumper turn signal, 2 upper turn signals,sidemarkers if you have them,and the pin connector that goes to the cooling fan I think you will see it ... its goin to come out with the horn....... and your good to go BTW I have hids so I didnt extend my low beams because I just wired my ballast direct to my low beam and you do not need to extend unless you want to. as well on the driver side I didnt even touch the low beam connector...keep eveything above the wheel well I drill a couple hole and used some of the factory clips to make sure none of the wire try to go anywhere on both side... as well I tie straped and electrical taped everything so that it was tight and no wire would be loose bouncin around... now wire everything back up put your fenders back on as well as bumper... stand back wipe you sweat and say damn Im tired but it was well worth it lol... also I DID NOT RELOCATE THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE DASH OR RELOCATE THE BATTERY TO THE TRUNK BUT I AM GOIN TO DO THIS WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO> SO STAY TUNED!!! AND PIX WILL BE UP SHORTLY!!!

Comment

i just did a wire tuck the right way n did not have to cut or lengthin any wires at all just cut up ur wire harness n pull the wires so they cum out more!......the tape they use to hold the wires altogether just makes sum wires shorter in areas...all u do is take off all of the tape around the wire harness n all the wires extend! its actually all common sense i did my whole wire tuck n only cut one rong wire but it wasnt hard to figure out wich wire it was!.....the fuel pump wasntr gettin constant voltage b/c i accidently cut the one wire that leads from main relay(black/yellow) to the fat yellow wire with 1 silver dot on it(fuel pump) joined one wire n that was it easy as cake just expect it to take all weekend if uve never done sumttin like this be4!

Facebook me
        http://www.facebook.com/damon.amplo?ref=tn_tnmn
        For sale thread
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post3092146
        Willing to buy/trade thread
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196484

Comment

Originally posted by *JDM_CB7* View Post
          ok I have pix of while I was doin my wire tuck but not of the actual wire to extend... but I will give you a run down right now... first go to your local JY and pick up driver and passenger wire harness... on the driver side cut it from the fuel injector box and take everything from there forward... on the passenger cut it from near the fuse box and pull everything forward.....ok so first thing you do after you have done all this and are standing in front of you car is... take a deep breath.. lmao... nah but anyways take the bumper of as well ass fenders... I started on the driver side an I first cut 2 holes one on the outside which you need to do to get to the inside...also I found it easier to just pull off the headlights and housings... pull all the wires up to your drill point and run them thru... also I DO NOT HAVE A/C SO I DID NOT WIRE THE SOLONOIDS OR EXTEND WIRES FOR THEM... once you have them thru the wholes you have made bring them as far as you can but as far as yankin on it yuh kno... the exact same thing goes for the passenger side just alot smaller bundle of wires...ALSO I HAVE FOGS SO IF YOU DO YOU WILL ROUTE THESE ALONG WITH THE HARNESS... ok now (wires to be extended)(driver side) low beam,highbeam,washer fluid,horn,bumper turn signal,2 upper turn signals, and your side markers if you have them... this is wat the driver side piece you cut from the JY is for.. you only need a foot or a foot and a half and that with plenty of slack....(passenger side) high beam,low beam,horn,bumper turn signal, 2 upper turn signals,sidemarkers if you have them,and the pin connector that goes to the cooling fan I think you will see it ... its goin to come out with the horn....... and your good to go BTW I have hids so I didnt extend my low beams because I just wired my ballast direct to my low beam and you do not need to extend unless you want to. as well on the driver side I didnt even touch the low beam connector...keep eveything above the wheel well I drill a couple hole and used some of the factory clips to make sure none of the wire try to go anywhere on both side... as well I tie straped and electrical taped everything so that it was tight and no wire would be loose bouncin around... now wire everything back up put your fenders back on as well as bumper... stand back wipe you sweat and say damn Im tired but it was well worth it lol... also I DID NOT RELOCATE THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE DASH OR RELOCATE THE BATTERY TO THE TRUNK BUT I AM GOIN TO DO THIS WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO> SO STAY TUNED!!! AND PIX WILL BE UP SHORTLY!!!
          Good job on making my eyes hurt.. uhm, I mean, making a wire tuck run down.

Comment

man thanks alot. great feedback. im goin to try it this weekend according to 93a-lude hopefully i wont have to extend any wires. once again thanks.

Backyard Customs
            Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
            why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
            Building Fund: $0
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

mild wire tuck

(cvc7, urs might look like this)
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                mild wire tuck

mild, MY ASS....DAMM that shit is nice. you should help me do mine.

Comment

i wanna wire tuck my cb7

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
                    mild, MY ASS....DAMM that shit is nice. you should help me do mine.
                    PM me ill help u
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

You need to extend wires. At least to make sure wires are secure and have enough slack that it will not break. I honestly need to re-extend my drivers side.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

When putting the guse box under dash im pretty sure you will have to take out the a/c blower and all that crap under dash and reinstall afterwards. Becasue were the harness comes thru the firewall is behind it.

Also what do you guys do with the box that has the map sensor in it, also what is that sensor next to that box for?

Comment

so here knows someone that has done a wire tuck with a F22a in the engine bay? lol. any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            mild wire tuck

Holy shit! if that's mild, I'd like to see a wild or extreme wire tuck. That looks clean as fuck. Great job

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                              Holy shit! if that's mild, I'd like to see a wild or extreme wire tuck.

as if the motor is just floating there:

Comment

Working...
                              X