Won't start...sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start...sometimes

My '91 EX runs great, unless it won't start, which is happening maybe once a week. I changed the dist' thinking that was the prob, it was leaking oil anyway, now I'm not sure where to look. I've got MSD 8.5 wires so I doubt that's the prob. Ideas?

Main Relay..
    search =)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I searched "main relay" and came up with a couple possibilities. I'm going to check the main relay connection but someone mentioned the ground for the thermostat housing(?) ...I changed the thermostat shortly before having this problem, so maybe that's it. The 'stat seemed ok, just when I went down mountains the temp would drop to COLD...haven't gone down any mountains w/the new 'stat though.

Comment

yeah on my old car i bought the thermostat housing was loose but it would defenetly not start at all if that was loose.

but still might wanna check it.

it's like under-back near the dizzy..

and yeah your main relay will act up on hot days or when the car's closed and hot inside

it's under the DIY section

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Thanks for the input, we definetely get some heat here in Tucson so that could add to the prob. Now I've got this prob plus the ignition switch went out on my harley and the carb on my XR650L needs to be cleaned out...guess I need to start pedaling to work!

Comment

Working...
          X