Front end help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end help

well today i just finished my long work of replacing my both front axles, rotors and pads

i put everything back and i drive down the street turn right and i hear a scrapping sound coming from the left side wtf i get back home took of the tire see nothing touching so i makes some adjustments go back around once more and at the corner of my street i hear a scrape then the car goes dead right there and sport light flashing and engine light on again wtf? and car wont start checked around found blown ecu fuse?? change it car starts still scrapes when i turn right and my check engine light is still on which it never was on before today

can anybody tell me whats going on please
    trying to convince my parents this car is still good and what happened right now isn't looking to good
    thanks!

is the scraping only coming from the left side?
    how does it sound? like metal scraping metal? it could be your backing plate hitting the rotor. Often times when its rusted its easy to bend while working on the car and will cause the scraping sound.

as for the engine light i have no idea:S
    try the paperclip method and see what code your throwing
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34 View Post
      is the scraping only coming from the left side?
      how does it sound? like metal scraping metal? it could be your backing plate hitting the rotor. Often times when its rusted its easy to bend while working on the car and will cause the scraping sound.

as for the engine light i have no idea:S
      try the paperclip method and see what code your throwing
      yea it might be the back plate i moved it out of the way once already so i'll check again thanks
      paperclip method i'll try it tommrrow thanks

Comment

going to work today car died on me just leaving the drive way does anybody have a clue??

Comment

how do i know what code i am getting???

Comment

Wow...

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you are having, and I know how frustrating that can be, believe me.

I hope didn't prevent you from getting to work on time, cause the last thing you would need is problems at the job because of the car...

Anyway. Check this link for info about finding out what the Check Engine Light (CEL) is trying to tell you. Read the post and if you have questions post back here...

I didn't find this link until after the first time I checked mine, and honestly my Haynes manual gave me a better description of what to do. If you can pick up a Haynes that would be cool for this. But, DO NOT depend on that book. It doesn't give you all the codes...
            Ray
            1992 EX Sedan, Manual
            CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

Originally posted by i_rebel View Post
              Wow...

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you are having, and I know how frustrating that can be, believe me.

I hope didn't prevent you from getting to work on time, cause the last thing you would need is problems at the job because of the car...

Anyway. Check this link for info about finding out what the Check Engine Light (CEL) is trying to tell you. Read the post and if you have questions post back here...

I didn't find this link until after the first time I checked mine, and honestly my Haynes manual gave me a better description of what to do. If you can pick up a Haynes that would be cool for this. But, DO NOT depend on that book. It doesn't give you all the codes...
              yea man it's really getting on my nerves today i actually took my car and engine light was on the whole time but i made it either way but thanks either way ill get on it asap

Comment

"car goes dead right there and sport light flashing"

I'm not sure what the problem actually is, but I think that might be a clue, the sport light--you have a sport option on an automatic transmission I am gathering. How does that light get triggered, and what sensors/wires is it attached to?

I'm not sure what it is, but you did replace the axles--could you have affected something in the tranny while doing it? What gear do you need to be in to pull the axles out and replace them?

that would be a train of thought I might be thinking of.

I don't have any thoughts about the check engine light though. i think it can go on for some transmission problems, at least it did for a friend of mine's Subaru Outback, a different car I know but she had a check engine light and I think I remember it had to do with some kind of issue in her automatic transmission. Again, here the transmission issue is coming up.

good luck w/it.

Comment

By the way, what is the back plate/backing plate? I ask because I also have a scraping sound on my front left side that I can't figure out, it's related to the wheel rotation, and it only happens when I leave the car parked for like a week then go to drive it. It always sounds worse when I turn to the right, then goes away if I nudge the wheel slightly left of center.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                    "car goes dead right there and sport light flashing"

I'm not sure what the problem actually is, but I think that might be a clue, the sport light--you have a sport option on an automatic transmission I am gathering. How does that light get triggered, and what sensors/wires is it attached to?

I'm not sure what it is, but you did replace the axles--could you have affected something in the tranny while doing it? What gear do you need to be in to pull the axles out and replace them?

that would be a train of thought I might be thinking of.

I don't have any thoughts about the check engine light though. i think it can go on for some transmission problems, at least it did for a friend of mine's Subaru Outback, a different car I know but she had a check engine light and I think I remember it had to do with some kind of issue in her automatic transmission. Again, here the transmission issue is coming up.

good luck w/it.
                    yea i got an auto with sport mode i replaced the axles on sunday thats when everything started so now that i think of it that might be it ill give it a look over, about what gear i used to changed them i just had it in park the whole time with the front lifted up

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                      By the way, what is the back plate/backing plate? I ask because I also have a scraping sound on my front left side that I can't figure out, it's related to the wheel rotation, and it only happens when I leave the car parked for like a week then go to drive it. It always sounds worse when I turn to the right, then goes away if I nudge the wheel slightly left of center.
                      the only way i can describe it is the part were the brake calipers and all that other nice braking stuff mounts up to

i get the exact same thing but i drive mine everyday when i stop it gives off a certain smell like its burning but no visible smoke but yet agin its not my back plate scrapping so now i don't even know whats going on

Comment

Working...
                      X