Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steering wheel shaking..........but its not what u think!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shaking..........but its not what u think!!!!!!!!

ok i just got my accord back on the road and this problem has been around for awhile and its agravating now. ok i know the steering wheel shakes when rotors are bad but i habe brand new rotors and the steering wheel only shakes a little bit and its not when i brake,secondly when i hold the steering wheel 100% straight the car go off to the right hard, now when i drive in a straight line the H on the wheel is to the left quite a bit and at high speeds on the highway the wheel shakes a lot too? is this an alignment problem, i had 4 stock wheels tires on the car and had to put air in them every other day because of dry rot, than went to 17's with "iffy" tires, now i have 17's on the back and stealies on the front (with new tires) but it still shakes, would an alignment fix this shaking problem? when i got the car icould hold the wheel straight and the car would go straight, but now ihave to have it turned to the left a bit to go straight/?????? what do u guys think? thanks.

Sounds like you've been either hitting too many potholes on the right side or dinging too many curbs. I bet you eat up tires too.

Since you have to hold the wheel to the left to keep it going striaght down the road the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Alignment.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

First thing I would be tires, but it sounds like that may not be this issue. Allighnment? Hopefully that is the only problem.

Comment

alaignment it is casue i have the same problem too. And the vibration may also be becasue of bends in the rims have you hit any potholes whatsoever,cause i have take a close look at your rims they tell all.

Comment

take off ur front tires and put em back on....sometimes when u drive and vibrations it means either u have a loose lug nut or a bad one that didnt tighten well...

u could have spots on ur tire where its not even...so it isnt fully round creating that sound.

take it to the alignment shop.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

sounds like an alignment problem..
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

thanks guys, i will go tommorrow because its pissing me off.

Comment

YOU SHOULD ALSO GET THE WHEELS BALANCED AND IF IT STILL DOES IT AFTER THAT AND THE ALIGNMENT THEN YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE STEERING COLUMN AND FOLLOW ALL THE WAY DOWN AT THE END OF IT YOU WILL SEE SOME U- JOINTS SHAKE THE WHEEL AND LOOK AT THE JOINTS YOU MIGHT SEE SOME PLAY IN THEM IF YOU DO THAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM BAD U-JOINTS
                ACCORDEX92
                CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

hmmm unbalanced wheels/tires would do this? i did get worse since new wheels tires in front.i'll try this next.

Comment

Working...
                  X