• Time
  • Show
Clear All

3000 rpm idle problem

Its a JDM h22a. P13 ECU

I have code one ... o2 sensor.

But that shouldn't cause that.

No vacuum leaks I can find.

The IACV was block off and the idle was high. I put one in and its still high and unchanged.

Throttle cable is correct.
    Turning the idle screw all the way in does nothing
    Turning the idle screw all the way out does nothing
    Blocking the ports in the tb change the idle about 300rpm when the car is cold.
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-03-2008, 12:47 PM.

bump

Comment

try replacing your throttle body gasket. start there.

Comment

a vacuum leak of some kind.....check TB gasket, plenum gaskets, ALL vacuum hoses including the brake booster hose & PCV hose & inlets. The easiest way to check vacuum hoses is to pinch them off with pliars and see if engine changes rpms. You may want to put a couple layers of electrical tape on the pliar's "business" surfaces to avoid cutting the hoses.

Other than this, it could be a badly adjusted throttle plate, or the throttle plate is stuck slightly open.......I DO NOT recommend trying to adjust the throttle plate stop screw unless you are 100% sure it is the cause!
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

It could be your FITV. You should take it off and clean it out before you go buying anything. There could be a chance you fix the problem and only have to spend the cost of carb cleaner.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

i agree, my h22 was idling at 3000 one day, and my fitv was backed all the way out, and i screwed it in and no more idle problems
            Im not an angry driver.....I just LOVE speed!
            OHIO CB7'S

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              Its a JDM h22a. P13 ECU

I have code one ... o2 sensor.

But that shouldn't cause that.
              Are you sure it wouldn't cause this? What if you have a bad O2 sensor and the ecu thinks the car is running lean and is telling the injectors to give the motor more fuel then it needs?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
              Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
              My member's ride

Comment

also is this idle all the time.. or only when cool?
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                X