EGR cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR cleaning?

I have a H23 intake im going to swap on my F22a6. im having alot of EGR problems, so i want to clean the H23 b4 i install it.

my question is, will putting the runners in a parts washer get most of the carbon?

and if i have to drill it out, can it be taped and have a screw in cap?

you may be able to put a screw cap on it but id wonder about leakage....when i bought mine at the dealer they were just caps that went down and thats it....i knew since it was clean i wasnt going back in for a while.

and a few have the egr port on the side of the manifold to clean it out that way....

i still have mine that i cleaned out if you want it, though its a a6 but you can use the lower half of it....

as for the carbon the cleaning will help...but for me it was alot of sitting and cleaner.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i kinda want the a6 lower but im just leaving my car together til i got the new one done.

plus i have a newer EGR to replace mine til i can get a chipped ecu to elimate it

Comment

Working...
      X