miss shifted and busted something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miss shifted and busted something

some civic raced me and i accidentally miss shifted from 3rd to second.. then then engine went hardcore screaming then i hurd a pop sound.. after that every time i revved the engine it would make a grinding sound when it goes higher up the rpm.. its hard to get my car into gear but it was driveable on the free way.. any suggestions on what may had happen?

3rd and 2nd are on different sides of the shifter . im not sure what it is . good luck though. how fast where you going? And how high did it rev up to?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      3rd and 2nd are on different sides of the shifter

i think he was tryin to shift to 4th, but instead got into 2nd..

Comment

Originally posted by casterX
        i think he was tryin to shift to 4th, but instead got into 2nd..
        Ouch if that is what happened! 5k in 3rd gear is like 7.5k in 2nd, and if he was racing hard he could have been higher than 5k in 3rd. Just think, redline in 3rd is over 9k in 2nd. That would do some very, very bad things!

Pretty much anything over 4k in 3rd is going to redline or more 2nd gear.

Comment

There are about a million things you could have done. My guess is that you floated the engine and bent some of the valves.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Im sorry to hear that bro, is it H22? o Yeah prob not but its your valves, have fun rebuilding or sell me your motor
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

you probably warped a couple of valves from over revving. does it idle like shit in the morning? Notice any loss in power when you run it hard?

Comment

Damn man didnt even know the transmission would even let you do that. Did you force it or something?

Comment

well the idle is okay.. its still doing the normal way it idles.. its just my tranny gear is stuck now.. and when i put my foot in the clutch it feels like its grinding

Comment

hmm sounds to me like a throwout bearing i had the same problem when some asshole did my swap had to end up doin it myself.

Comment

Your luck I did that in my old car (a 2000 cougar) and I was missing a piston that o so nicly punch a hole through the block, and along with that the clutch fly apart and came out in 6 parts. so look at it this way you king of got away on the good side. Anybody want to buy a cougar with no motor LOL. I have learned just to laugh it off anything can be fix it just takes time. Good luck with the motor.

Comment

welps so far i found out that my clutch is gone.. the tranny is still good cuz the gears could shift while the engine is off.. but its still fuckin money i got to spend..

Comment

If it's just your clutch, your lucky. Put in a better one and then you have no excuse to actually build up your H22 and the clutch can transfer the power better ;-)
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                          X