shooting oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting oil

What causes oil to come out the exhaust?

Originally posted by southsidecb7z View Post
    What causes oil to come out the exhaust?
    oil is leaking down past your valve stem seals or past your piston rings.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
      oil is leaking down past your valve stem seals or past your piston rings.
      GREAT

Comment

Is there any way to test for any of this?...i mean the car runs fine i just noticed it spraying oil last night.

Comment

Look for oil coming out of the exhaust...

Keep an eye on your oil level. Using a thicker grade oil may help to some degree.
          Regards from Oz,
          John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
            Look for oil coming out of the exhaust...

Keep an eye on your oil level. Using a thicker grade oil may help to some degree.
            Lol...its deff. shooting oil out the exhaust as stated above...i just want to check to find out what exactly the issue is...also it leaks oil anyway from somewhere in the lower timing chain cover area so its hard to tell exactly how much is spraying out the exhaust

Comment

Is there any way to test for any of this?...i mean the car runs fine i just noticed it spraying oil last night.
              do a wet and dry compression test! do a dry test first! and then do a wet test! on the wet test add about a tbs or 2 in the cylinder you are testing, if the compression #'s go up from say dry= 120psi to wet= 190. that is just an example there has to be at least a 30+psi change aprox for the rings to be bad. if there is only like say a 5-10 psi change it would be your valve guide seals!

hope that helps
              some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
              some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
              some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
              f1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by sleepycb7 View Post
                do a wet and dry compression test! do a dry test first! and then do a wet test! on the wet test add about a tbs or 2 in the cylinder you are testing, if the compression #'s go up from say dry= 120psi to wet= 190. that is just an example there has to be at least a 30+psi change aprox for the rings to be bad. if there is only like say a 5-10 psi change it would be your valve guide seals!

hope that helps
                thanks mane, sounds a bit complicated but ill try, you mean add a tbs of water right? It is the stock engine with 250,000 + but i still highly doubt its the rings...i think a head job would do the trick and while im at it fix the damn oil leak!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepycb7 View Post

hope that helps
                  Do this and you will save alot of dinking around trying to solve the problem.

Comment

thanks mane, sounds a bit complicated but ill try, you mean add a tbs of water right? It is the stock engine with 250,000 + but i still highly doubt its the rings...i think a head job would do the trick and while im at it fix the damn oil leak!
                    Oil. Never put water in your engine.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                      Oil. Never put water in your engine.
                      Thanks foamy...Your right! water not good! Its hard to believe that theres nobody on this site in the mid. Ga. area who could stop by and have a look at my baby!

Comment

sombody help this man!
                        some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
                        some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
                        some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
                        f1 fan

Comment

is it burning it or shooting it out the exhaust pipe?
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            is it burning it or shooting it out the exhaust pipe?
                            Blowing it out the exhaust pipe

Comment

Seems strange that it's blowing oil out the back......usually any oil will burn off before it reaches the end and you'll have blueish smoke. Are you sure it's blowing oil and not dirty water or fuel?

If it IS blowing OIL, then you have a very fast leak for it to be enough quantity to not get burned off in the exhaust system.....

dry/wet compression test should tell you for sure though!
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X