A/C Spewing Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Spewing Smoke

The other day, I was driving (a lil hard) and when i pulled it into 3rd (at around 60) this weird vapor sh1t started coming from the AC. I thot for sure i was victim to vapor lock , but it was only coming from tha A/C vents for about 10-20 seconds, and it was ice fucking cold. (Plus i LOOK for puddles like mad.) Then, my A/C started working better than it ever did (it never worked great to start) and now it sucks again 2 days later. Anyone had this problem? I couldn't see any visible leaks in vacuum lines, but im
    not 100% sure, and im still baffled ~!?! Help pls.

(P.S. I know, it's a 5th gen DX, but i love yall so i came here)

Freon(sp)...there shouldnt be any vacuum lines on the A/C compressor.

You probably have a leak, and the freon came out-the cold stuff that the a/c system runs on. You cant see it, its kinda like nitrous, in the sense that its very cold and not visible, but its there, or in your case, was there. Have your system leak checked then refilled and/or converted. Also check to see if the compressor pulley still rotates, if it does, your good, if it doesnt rotate then that usually means the compressor took a crap.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Ever opened a freezer or icebox on a humid day? A mist comes out due to the dewpoint and temperature of the ambient air and whatnot. I've seen this on many occasions in many different vehicles. Its cool to watch and completely harmless.

As far as your a/c perfomance goes, get your freon levels checked if you havent done so already.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

The compressor does in fact spin, sry forgot to mention it. I read in the Daily Breeze (auto doc) that leaks in the AC can cause mold build-up & stuff, which sucks ass, and smells like it too, so ill go get it checked. Thx for ur help guys.

Comment

that moldy smell may be something other then a leaking AC system.
          I took a few hours one day and used a small vacume to suck out a bunch of crap that got into the blower and was now sticking to the evaperator. lots of leaves pine neddles and other junk. I have since filtered out the outside air intake with a DIY filter that I got from home depot.
          oh and getting to the point where I could use a small dirt devil was NOT easy. you may want to take it to thye dealer and have them clean it out. since all those leaves and stuff I'm sure are't helping air get through.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X