• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exedy Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel

Hye guys, just picked up these!!!

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit

and

Fidanza 8.5lb aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction plate

got them BOTH...SHIPPED to my door for $369.00 anyone know if thats a good deal. its about $200-$250 off retail for these. I figure they should suit my needs and compliment my lack of power, clutch is going out so the stage one for a mostly stock f22a1 should be sufficient. And i chose the 8.5lb flywheel to free up rotational mass that obviously doesnt help a stock single cam with a tranny more suited for highway grannies than going fast let me know what you guys think. Anyone have experience with either?

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

looks really nice man, where you'd get that deal at?

theres only one thing i don't like about that, is what happens if one of those bolts/screws from the friction plate come loose and shoot around your tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      looks really nice man, where you'd get that deal at?

theres only one thing i don't like about that, is what happens if one of those bolts/screws from the friction plate come loose and shoot around your tranny?
      Good point. Well its happened before.

Its not the screws that hold the friction disk to the flywheel that are the problem. Its the 3 hex screws that hold the starter ring to the flywheel that actually come loose on those flywheels.

I've had this problem with someones car before. Before installation I recommend putting high strength thread locker on those screws. And mark the flywheel because those do not come marked for TDC.

Comment

thanx for the heads up on the starter ring problem. although it is wierd being as fidanza says the assemble is heated and the starter ring is installed while hot for a tight fit doesnt hurt to put some thread locker tho and as for where I got the deal. well EBAY of course, but I am smart about the way I shop in ebayland. I shop on through, find a REAL online parts supplier having specials or "blowouts" on ebay....contact the supplier via telephone. ask about the products in question..work out a deal to have them BOTH shipped together so the shipping is cheaper and lastly..."best offer" is your friend...the clutch kit was advertised for 260 plus shipping, i put in a best offer of 230 (can't get too greedy or the will deny it) they accepted, I saved the entire cost of shipping plus alot of money off of retail. hell I think it was pretty smart haha

P.S. the store was called gripforce clutches
        Double P.S. I will be marking the flywheel with an engraver to match the markings on my OEM one.
        -sean
        Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 08-26-2008, 08:11 PM.

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

^ Good.

I have had no problems with my flywheel before and I've spun the engine to 7.2K several times. Good find!
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I got a Fidanza flywheel and Exedy OE clutch from gripforce last month for $260 shipped.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

lol that's who i was going to buy my clutch and flywheel from. maybe i should use that Best Offer option also but i was looking at the 11.5 pound F1 flywheel instead.

Comment

Dam I didn't Fidanza has a replacable frictin plate, I have a Fidanza wheel but I don't think it has that.

How much is the plate if u wanted 2 replace it down the line
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                  Dam I didn't Fidanza has a replacable frictin plate, I have a Fidanza wheel but I don't think it has that.

How much is the plate if u wanted 2 replace it down the line
                  i found a site that was selling them for 79 bucks. so that ain't too bad for a known brand.

Comment

Bump, I have a f1 stage 1clutch and 11% Fidanza wheel, and I don't have a Friction plate, mayb its certain model Fidanza wheels
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                      I got a Fidanza flywheel and Exedy OE clutch from gripforce last month for $260 shipped.
                      how much is the OE compared to the stage 1.1? i never looked into that. they arent the same are they? hmmm

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Just picked up an Exedy OE Clutch kit and Fidanza 8lb Flywheel for $280 "best offer" shipped from Gripforce Clutches on Ebay.

Comment

I got the same set up off eBay about a year and a half ago for 280 shipped
                          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

I paid 260 shipped for my Exedy Stage 1 back in 2009 and 155 shipped for my fidanza.

I would definitely put threadlock on there. After about 40k miles, I had to rebuild my tranny and I took the flywheel off just to check everything and the starter ring gear bolts were a tad bit loose. So I redid everything, threadlocking all the friction material nuts/bolt as well as the ring gear bolts.

Its a fun setup on my H22 though, I'd have to admit.

and the stage 1 holding 260 ft-lbs of torque gives me plenty of room in the future for more extreme mods than my current list of bolt-ons.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Good lawd old thread revival!
                              To my knowledge, Sean's clutch and flywheel are still going strong. Speaks for their quality, seeing as this thread was posted well over 4 years ago!

Comment

Working...
                              X