2 stepping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 stepping...

I know this question has probably been asked, but I couldnt find an answer on how it works.

I know that its revving it up and dumping the clutch. But how is it different from not having any launch control?

Withought launch control, you can rev it up and dump the clutch So whats the difference?

"2 stepping" aka launch control, aka full throttle launch has a set rpm.

Meaning, you can floor the gas pedal and it will only rev up to the set rpm, aka your launching rpm.

Without the launch control, you have to feather the gas to get it at the desired rpm for launching.

Launch control makes for easier launches because the only thing you have to worry about is feathering the clutch, instead of making sure your foot is all the way down on the gas pedal AND feathering the clutch.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks alot, it makes a lot of since. So the limiter would onlt work while in first with the clutch in?

But what if you were on a different surface, and you would need to lower or raise the rpm launch control. That would be a good time to have the comp hooked up to the car right?

Comment

you'd probab;y would have to adjust accordingly
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Bringing an older thread up, but I had another question about 2 stepping.

Im going to be getting my eg soon with a tuned p28 and I plan on 2 stepping.

From my understanding, you have wires going to your clutch so when the clutch pedal is engaged and you rev the motor up it hits your set rev limiter.

What do you want to do when you need to burn out, do you you put a toggle switch on the wire to the clutch?

Also how is it wired to the clutch sensor?

Thanks Alot
          Derek

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
            Bringing an older thread up, but I had another question about 2 stepping.

Im going to be getting my eg soon with a tuned p28 and I plan on 2 stepping.

From my understanding, you have wires going to your clutch so when the clutch pedal is engaged and you rev the motor up it hits your set rev limiter.

What do you want to do when you need to burn out, do you you put a toggle switch on the wire to the clutch?

Also how is it wired to the clutch sensor?

Thanks Alot
            Derek

Not how it works its not wired into the clutch...

Whenever you are not moving it wont rev past that limit... If you are into showing off for some reason you can turn the a/c on and it will turn off the L/C.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
              Not how it works its not wired into the clutch...

Whenever you are not moving it wont rev past that limit... If you are into showing off for some reason you can turn the a/c on and it will turn off the L/C.
              Not to show off but at the track, when you need to burn out. If your not moving wouldnt it then hit the limiter and not let you take the rpms any higher?

And I dont have a/c, is it just by pushing the a/c button that disables it in the ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
                Not to show off but at the track, when you need to burn out. If your not moving wouldnt it then hit the limiter and not let you take the rpms any higher?

And I dont have a/c, is it just by pushing the a/c button that disables it in the ecu?
                a/c button. As in you have a dx or you removed it... It would work if you removed it since you probably didnt pull the wire from the a/c to ecu when you did it.. If it is a dx w/o ac stock it will still have the pin at the ecu. Either empty or wired . You can wire up a switch to that pin... Look up obd1 ecu pin outs and you will see the wire.

Comment

When you do a burnout it doesnt matter....If it takes more than 4000rpm to make your tires spin then your doing something wrong. The two step is written into the program and uses a VSS signal as someone already mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                  X