Thinkin about the safc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinkin about the safc

I know this guy that will sell me a safc 2 for 200 bucks. Is that a good price? Is the safc a good investment?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

it's a good deal. but what are you planing on doing with your car? if you're getting a H22 I'd say go for it. if you're keeping your stock F22 it's not really worth the investment.
    *edit*oh wait, I just read your sig. yeah it may be worth it, but you'll also need to have it tuned by a shop when you get all the mods in.

*EDIT* sorry I mixed the SAFC with the VAFC
    Last edited by pwrusr; 09-27-2004, 01:05 AM.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

SAFC will not even work with the H22 (That would be the VAFC)

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

well i would say it will help you some... but $200 seems kinda steep. i friend of mine bought a vafc for $150... but i guess sometimes you get lucky.

Comment

$200 isn't that bad. They go steady around +$250. If you're really going to do some tuning and it's just not gonna be a show piece, I say swoop. And make sure you know how to wire it right. You can seriously fuck up alot of stuff.
          O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

Originally posted by thewoahna
            SAFC will not even work with the H22 (That would be the VAFC)
            oops, I mixed those two up... sorry
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Are you guys on crack? You do realize the only difference between the S and V-AFC is the ability to adjust the VTEC engagement point right? There's no reason you can't use a SAFC with an H22, it would just make more sense to use a VAFC since there are considerable gains to be had by lowering the cross-over point.

Comment

You can find the DIY for installing the safc2 in the diy section from yours truly.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                  Are you guys on crack? You do realize the only difference between the S and V-AFC is the ability to adjust the VTEC engagement point right? There's no reason you can't use a SAFC with an H22, it would just make more sense to use a VAFC since there are considerable gains to be had by lowering the cross-over point.
                  Thats what I ment... I know I wouldnt get a SAFC if I was going to swap an H22 because of that reason. The more toys to play with, the better!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Working...
                  X