TCM Error Code 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCM Error Code 15

I just purchased a 93 Accord with an AT. It ran great for a week.
    Now, after driving for a short distance, it does not shift correctly. I get a error code #15 from the TCM. I flushed the fluid and checked the resistance of the mainshaft speed sensor and the countershaft speed sensor. Both read approx. 500 ohms.
    Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

yeah replace the tcu control module, it shifts the transmisss, i have on for sale if your interested, there known to burn out. Thats what probably happened to yours.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Yea, I'm interested. How Much? Can it be returned if it doesn't resolve issue?

Comment

I replaced the TCM and the the problem still exists. Shifts fine for a few miles, then downshifts to second. It shifts between 1st and 2nd gear, but won't upshift to third or fourth unless I turn the card off for 15 - 30 minutes (sometimes longer). Then it shift normally for a mile or two. TCM returns error #15. Any other ideas?

Comment

Bump cus Im have the same problem and cant find any info on code 15.

Comment

Bump, Still cant find info.

Comment

From ENG: Diagnose a Check Engine Light and S/D4 errors.

15-Kick down switch circuit shorted.

Have you tried opening up your tcu and checking for damage?

You should also read this thread since you have an automatic: DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I did earlier today and It didnt look too bad. Heres the pics.

This looks like it has overheated.

Only one cap starting to leak.

Comment

I also having the same problem i have to turm my car off at almost every stop the other day and it shift fine after a few miles and as soon as i slow down or stop it will slip again. same error code

Comment

Mines not slipping. Itll shift fine till its warmed up then it goes into limp mode (2nd gear). Ive swapped the TCU/TCM and the shift/lock up solenoids with no fix. Im goin to swap a few other sensors in hopes its not the trans itself.

Comment

i did the same had to finally get it towed in lost pressure the at clutch plates are bad need a rebuild or replace i hope yaw have better luck than me

Comment

Working...
                      X