Getting Traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Traction

i just got new injectors and they helped out alot... but with street tires, maybe too much. the lowest ive tried to launch was at 2500, and even then i lost traction and didnt regain until ending 2nd. i hear about h22 hatches having this problem, but i thought my heavyass car would stop that from happening.

i know after tuning im only going to gain power and traction will be even harder to keep. are there any ways of keeping traction and still getting a good launch?

i have a quafe lsd u should get one helped me alotas for the slippage try to feather the clutch and let off the gas a bit you have to find the best peddal point for you gotta love that h22a torque

Comment

damn, guess ill be burning launches then. i dont plan on upgrading mounts or suspension for a while, if at all. i didnt plan on taking it to the track. but now that im starting to feel the potential of the engine i want to. right now i have stock on all mounts and a set of speedtech springs... very, very basic.

i wanted to get one with a stock lsd, but the one found was sold before i could get it, so i just have a phantom grip.

what do either of you rev to before slipping? and i know not to make a habit of it, but would slipping the clutch wear it faster than dropping it quicker?

Comment

Re: Getting Traction

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
        i just got new injectors and they helped out alot... but with street tires, maybe too much. the lowest ive tried to launch was at 2500, and even then i lost traction and didnt regain until ending 2nd. i hear about h22 hatches having this problem, but i thought my heavyass car would stop that from happening.

i know after tuning im only going to gain power and traction will be even harder to keep. are there any ways of keeping traction and still getting a good launch?

Are you just dumping the clutch? what type of tires are you running? You need to real how to feather the clutch, dumping the clutch causes damage also.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Phantom grips are okay bro but once you start making real power I cant help you after that i say get a quaife have it properly installed and call it a day it should help just dont go buckwild with it

Comment

right now i have yoko h4's, 215/45/17. i dont dump the clutch. what i do is rev up, let off the clutch a little and as soon as i feel it start to grab(before i get any real movement), i let off and floor it. i usually rev anywhere between 2 and 3k, and it always results in loss of traction. guess i just gotta play with it more, and feather further before i gun it. its just not easy to get used to. before the injectors and when i drive my friends car, i never had to worry about it. they would always catch before.

guess its a good thing though... now im playing with real torque

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
              right now i have yoko h4's, 215/45/17. i dont dump the clutch. what i do is rev up, let off the clutch a little and as soon as i feel it start to grab(before i get any real movement), i let off and floor it. i usually rev anywhere between 2 and 3k, and it always results in loss of traction. guess i just gotta play with it more, and feather further before i gun it. its just not easy to get used to. before the injectors and when i drive my friends car, i never had to worry about it. they would always catch before.

guess its a good thing though... now im playing with real torque
              What kind of suspension set-up do you have? It sounds to me like your car is "shifting" its weight to the rear, unloading your tires causing them to spin. If you you could get a higher rated spring for the rear, I bet this would help tremendously.
              Last edited by 2point6; 10-21-2003, 01:06 PM.

Comment

^ I agree, was just going to say that. You need to keep that extra engine weight biased to the front for better launches. Also, couple drag slicks up front ...but them are expensive. It'd also prolly help putting your stock rims back on with a larger aspect ratio (thicker sidewall) and lowering tire psi for better grab. Low profile tires are stiffer & would want to spin more freely, especially at higher psi
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

here are a few thing that i have done to my cb7 to help with launching and weight transfer when i'm at the track and getting traction.
                  1) pratice
                  2) good springs
                  3) good adjustable shocks
                  4) urathane bushing kit (minimizes wheels hop)
                  5) slick tires (with low tire pressue)
                  6) LSD
                  Last edited by hybrid90accord; 10-21-2003, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                    What kind of suspension set-up do you have? It sounds to me like your car is "shifting" its weight to the rear, unloading your tires causing them to spin. If you you could get a higher rated spring for the rear, I bet this would help tremendously.
                    right now i have stock shocks and speedtech springs. i know i got way cheap on the suspension, especially considering ive dumped alot into the engine. i think the next thing i get will be a decent susp. setup.

now i know this has got to be the millionth time this question has been asked, but what would be a good setup for me personally? i wont be doing any autox, i just want a stiffer setup so the front stays planted. with the upgrade in power, i need help keeping it on the ground. i dont want to just go out and get different springs for the back, cause im still on stock shocks, and i dont want the back hopping around town.

Comment

This might help
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1003

Comment

would i be well off enough if i got new adjustable struts/shocks, and when necessary just set the rears up higher? would that give me enough to keep the front planted? that way i can keep my currents springs, which are a perfect drop. if i go any lower ill scrape my tire due to the combination of wheel offset and 215 tires.
                        btw, thanks hybrid. helped alot.

Comment

No problem but just remember that if you ride around with the struts on the highest setting. the life of the dtrut will be decreased. Just adjust them to the stiff setting at the trcak or at the street races, whatever one you do your runs at.

Comment

ok, sounds good, thanks. and it'd be at the track only, im not trying to get my car impounded.

Comment

Working...
                            X