Shaking car at 60 - 70MPH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking car at 60 - 70MPH?

As the title tells, my car is a little shaky at about 60 - 70 MPH. What can cause that? My wheels were balanced recently, I just got an alignment about 2 weeks ago so I really don't understand what else could cause the annoying shaking. It's nothing intense but if you're traveling from Montreal to New-York and your average speed is ranged between 60 and 70 MPH it sucks.

I know my front camber isn't totally right since there is about .50 degrees difference but could that be the cause? When I went to get it aligned he said he can't do shit about it unless I get adjustable ball joints but said it's not big problem. I'm planning to get those adjustable ball joint when day in a near future when I can afford them and another alignment then basically but as for now I'm broke and it may not even be the cause. Would anyone know what else it could be?

My car is also a very little bouncy. The back tends to slip out of curves. My suspensions seem to be working pretty fine (stock suspensions) so I don't understand. Could that be the camber again?

I heard that one of my friend had the same problem and he was talking about loosening something in the back to fix it but I have no clue what it is...

Anyway I would appreciate all the help you guys can provide.

Thanks
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

if your wheels are balance and car has been aligned. my only guess would be bad motor mounts. just my opinion.

Comment

It could be axles as well as rotors. Possibly bearings.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Well I know my rear wheel bearings have to be changed since one is making a weird noise but I never thought that could be the cause or else it would also shake at higher and lower speeds no? In my case its just between 60 - 70MPH.
        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Too much or uneven tire pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            X2 , worn cv joint.

If your car is bouncy a bit , you might have a single strut blown already.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
              X2 , worn cv joint.

If your car is bouncy a bit , you might have a single strut blown already.
              im having the same problem ( not trying to steal this thread) going 60 - 70 mph it shaking I changed my lower ball joints, outer tie rods , links, but never changed the upper ball joints nor did i get an alignment . can it be my tires ? or just need an alignment ?

Links to my rides :
              1992 Accord EX*
              1990 Accord EX
              1991 Accord SE (4th)
              1991 Accord SE (3rd)
              1991 Accord SE (2ND)
              1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                im having the same problem ( not trying to steal this thread) going 60 - 70 mph it shaking I changed my lower ball joints, outer tie rods , links, but never changed the upper ball joints nor did i get an alignment . can it be my tires ? or just need an alignment ?
                I would definitely get an alignment. It's the first thing you do along with getting your tires balanced. In my case though I'm pretty unlucky and it isn't the problem although some say I may need to get my wheels balanced again.
                NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

mine used to shake at that speed b/c of my axles/cv joints going bad. There was TONS of slop in my driverside axle when tugged up and down when the car was jacked up. So see if that's your case.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Yep tends to be an axle at that speed,a rotor will shake pretty bad also but you would also feel that in breaking. a bearing will tend to shake and sound like an air plane around 40mph but you need to jack the car up to check,make sure the lug nuts are tight and grap the tops and bottom of the wheel and push and pull... if it has play the bearing is bad. then grab the axle and check for play.
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

i have the same problem but reaaal bad...all my suspension is all fucked up..in some bumps i can hear some knocking sound by the tires..yes pretty fuckedu p

Comment

I had a friend that had this same problem and it was something so simple......check and make sure your lug nuts are tight easiest and cheapest to check
                        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Is there any play in the steering rack?

Also another votre for axles.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                          X