STRONG Wheel Shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRONG Wheel Shake

i am getting major steering wheel shake when breaking even slightly at highway speeds... tierod?

Yeah when i brake is wicked scary its liek something is sticking or something and i have no clue what is it..

Comment

something is like that in my step brothers bmw. i remember someone said it was a problem with the rotors. it only happened when braking above 45, and it stalled out on my twice cuz it was shaking so bad.

Comment

ya it be a good idea to check ur rotors, pades, rims, tires.. make sure everything is stright and not bent..
        86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

warped roters can make the car shake that bad??

Comment

take it from someone who knows. u got either warped rotors or u need a front end alignment. remember when its in the steering wheel it the front when the shakin is in your ass or ur seat its the rear of the car usually out of line

Comment

Oh yup rotors can wark because of tightening or not puttin em on back correctly or they can become so hot from excessively hard braking and get so hot that when it gets hit with water they can warp that and warp brakes.

Comment

its your rotors. trust me.
                Noobie my ASS.

Comment

ya ive had this problem for about a year now at high speeds when braking. what u can do is just go to a local auto shop and have them cut the rotors. it will be like 50 bucks or something. im still waiting to do this. i got new tires and they did a front end alignment and i thought it would help but it really didnt. it only helped with keeping the car strait while under hard acceleration.

Comment

Check those tierod joints too, both at the knuckle and up at the rack. I actually have both issues, a warped rotor and loose steering mechanism.

When the car is up, you can wiggle the front wheels a bit, not good. I'm sure it contributes to the shudder during braking.
                    Bart: What's your name?
                    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Its the rotors , my dads maxima had this problem, they warped and when I would drive the car it would shake so bad. too bad they are expensive, his came free because of his warnt.

Comment

rotors definitaly
                        U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

thanks for the help guys i suspectied it was the rotors... too bad they are the press on kind... i like the other ones like my BMW has that just fall off once the caliper is off... oh well of the the brake shop sat!

Comment

Working...
                          X