INT Trunk Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT Trunk Bars

Im referring to the small, black bars that run across the upper, inside of the trunk. They latch to the lid and aid it in opening/closing.

My rear speakers (RoadMaster 6x9's) are so big that the speaker itself does not fully fit down, inside the hole. The magnet is hitting the end of one of those bars. And it only does this on the DS speaker.

Im wondering, how could/would i go about cutting about an inch off the end of that bar? I dont have access to a welder, and Im pretty sure a saw of any kind is out of the question. Also, i would think that getting a welder or torch in such a confined space may result in fire, i dunno.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Just get different speakers. If you cut the bars they will twist.
    wat?

Comment

Dammit. I knew someone was gonna say, and i figured it was gonna be you.

I dont wanna/cant get new speakers. Dont ask. Its not an option. And im not talking about anything major, just like an inch off the end of the bar. Maybe not even that much, like 3/4" or 8/10".

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

if it just sits a bit too low, put a spacer of some sort between the speaker and the pod to raise the speaker up..

Comment

The magnet is hitting the bar, causing the speaker and pod to not sit flush with the rear deck. So it sticks up like 1.5-2" and looks weird. Im not picky about alot of things, but this kinda bugs me, lol.

Comment

Wtf are them bars for anyway?

Comment

dpnt trim the bar i did and it naild me in the face. so dont do it

The Race Car

Comment

yeah thats not very smart. just get new speakers. i had to cut mine out for my trunk and it was pretty intimidating.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Turn the speakers the otherway.

Comment

You mean upside down??

I thought about that, but i dont like the idea of ppl being able to "see my shit".

I really dont wanna buy new speakers, and cutting that bar may prove to be an extremely difficult task. I wonder if i could rent a sander/grinder and grind it down....

Comment

Rent/buy a sawsall.

Comment

any kind of cutting to that bar is not a good idea. unless your taking it all the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by southsidecb7z View Post
                          Wtf are them bars for anyway?
                          Makes it easier to open/close the trunk.
                          It take the weight off so you're not having to strain as much opening it.
                          It also helps to not "slam" your trunk when closing it.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x View Post
                            any kind of cutting to that bar is not a good idea. unless your taking it all the way out.
                            Even if im only needing to remove less than an inch off the end of the bar?

It wont compromise the bar in any way....

Comment

if you remove any of that bar it is going to weaken it. that bar is under an extreme amount of pressure. i just see it snapping if you take a chunk out of it. just my two cents though.

when i cut mine out i was being dumb and used on of those long ass lock cutters. it worked but when it cut through it shot sparks everywhere. just to give you an idea of how much pressure its under.

Comment

Working...
                              X