clutch not disengaging completly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch not disengaging completly

Ok well here is the long and short of it. I recently "completed" my h22a swap.

I was amazed when I turned it on that I had no cel's (yet) and that it idled damn near perfect. Revved clean, no problems at all...

Then I went to put it in gear... and well it doesn't go... The clutch was a little soft so I bled...

Not as hard as it should have been, so I put on my slave cylinder from the f22 (same part # as H) got a little better pressure but knew my master was old and slightly leaky....

So I went and got one of those bad boys. Installed it... Got good pressure at the end so I adjusted my pedal a little and after that it felt firm and properly bled/adjusted.

Turn on car... Same issue, I can get it into gear (2-5), and I know the clutch is not seized to flywheel (we can put it in gear when car is off, then start and not kill the engine/ fly through a wall)

I have also replaced the soft line going to to the banjo bolt on the transmission.

So with this failure we got the pry bar out and used it to manually pull the fork back (full extension)... turned car on and same issue.

So now we are leaning toward internal something or other. Since we cannot hear anything abnormal we are thinking it might be my pilot bushing

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I must say I am bummed to do the entire swap only to have to rip the transmission back out... Oh well

Here is a video of the slave cylinder moving just so you can see the travel I had with no good results.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

lol, F and H series flywheels dont have pilot bushings. your clutch disc may have shattered.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Really...

Well Thanks for that little bit of information... LOL

I highly doubt that(shattered clutch) is the problem, because I would imagine I could hear that... and the transmission is "new" from HMO with the lds so I figured if my clutch was shattered they might have noticed.

Every thing sounds normal and I can get it in gear just not easily and not the low gears. So if anyone else has ideas please post them up.

I guess this will end up being one of those guess who was right threads because I wont know till I tear into it anyway.
      Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 08-01-2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

You'll have to take the transaxle back off and see what went fubar.

Comment

Yep, Hence the &quot;guess&quot;, &quot;suggest&quot; what went wrong

Both my previous posts state that, the thread is for suggestions and guesses as to what actually is FUBAR

Thanks for the verification in my sanity though

Comment

don't H22 transmission's shift forks get bent easily causing first and and 3rd to not engage or something?

Comment

Thank you

We did not move the throw out past its full extension and are planning on replacing it now anyway. It isn't expensive, and it could be what is causing the issue.

Thank you,
              Ghetto

Comment

Could be: *from easiest to hardest to diagnose

-Low Clutch fluid
                -Air in the clutch fluid system
                -Leak in clutch system(check the line)
                -Leaky clutch master cylinder
                -Disfunctional clutch slave cylinder
                -Worn out throw-out bearing
                -Bad clutch/shift fork spring
                -Tranny internals such as shift forks are bent

You might also need to readjust your clutch master cylinder once you're done.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

If you read the first post, it says...
                  New master cylinder (adjusted) No leaks
                  New slave cylinder No leaks
                  New soft line No leaks
                  Plenty of clutch fluid
                  All air out (if you watch the video you can see that my slave probably moves further then yours...)

This is not the first hydraulic system I have bled

The internals are what we are asking about, thank you.

Oh and there seems to be a discrepancy with the pilot bushing

I have talked to two different dealers and this is what I have found out...
                  both parts departments thought H series transmissions did not have one (key word thought)
                  Both service departments KNEW H series transmissions had one (key word KNEW)

I think the problem might be that people are looking for a bearing not a bushing.

It is probably almost impossible to see unless you are looking for it. (hence the people who think it does not exist)

It should just be a little brass (I am amusing brass) cylinder the end of your input shaft slides into at the crank.

If that area of your car was dirty at all, or you weren't looking for it you would probably never have seen it.

Guess we will see when I take it out...

Again thanks for the help everyone maybe we can shed some light on this bushing conundrum. (I love this site)

Comment

dude i am having the exzact same issue... at first i had mounted part of the hydrolic line in the wrong spot and the shifter cable wasd actually hitting it, not allowing it to go into gear off or running.

now it's being stupid and just doesn't want to ingage into any of the gears properly.. i know all the things you have done, are what i have done i have an f22 5 spd tranny.. that was swapped from auto.

we know what we were doing with install as well, and this has us stumped as well.... sorry i'm not more help but if we find a cause i will be..
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

No i didnt your read post. Just copied and pasted what i put on two other threads. Only trying to help.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

KeeleDesign...

If you are having problems getting the transmission into gear even when the car is off, then we probably have different problems, however they might just be a different severity of the same thing.

Who knows. I will not have any time to take my transmission out until after August is over.

I know how disappointing that is as I was hoping to have it running before I left.

Well I guess it does run... but it doesn't drive LOL

I might take a video of the engine actually running so you guys can hear her, she sounds like a beast. (flowmaster muffler for the win )

Comment

Working...
                        X