Vss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vss

Now before everyone and their momma starts flaming me I have searched and can't find an answer to why it's not working ive changed it 3 times i know the vss good but why won't they work can someone please help me. It pissing me off I cleaned out the connector the sensors were from working cars and still throwing code 17
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

are you changing out just the top part of the vss (electrical) .. or are you changing out the actuall gear? If you did the whole assembly, be cautious of the weak metal part that actually bolts down and hold the gear in place. that crap snaps easily.

edit: i'm referring to the manual transmission VSS... i'm actually not sure if the auto is the same or not, never replaced one off an auto.
    Last edited by TheNextAZN; 07-29-2008, 12:11 AM. Reason: manual / auto
    -:Ĥ:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

I tried removing my vss, the gear part, that bitch won't come out. I removed the 1 10 mm bolt holding it in, tried twisting it while pulling up, nothing... I fail!

Comment

is your tachometer dead?

i would use a multimeter and check continuity between the pins of the plug leading to the VSS and the pins of the engine harness plug on the driver side strut tower area, one of the plugs should have the same 3 colored wires lined up next to each other... if youve replaced the sensor 3x, thats obviously not your problem, at this point it is more likely the wiring leading to it. have you done any repairs where the wiring might have gotten pinched or anything?

or maybe try pushing the car (in gear) forward a little bit, with the sensor removed, see if the drive pin spins.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I removed the whole thing i dont know what to do I dont get until the 7th dont have any money or access to an voltmeter so im stuck guessing how fast im going already got pulled for speeding it could be my cluster but that means i shouldn't be throwing code 17 right the only way it could gotten wire damage is when i had it reswaped.
          NEW CB

new

Comment

My tach works. My speedo, odometer and trip meter are the only things that don't, oh, and my cruise control

Comment

Could I have a bad cluster I'm getting power to the plug and nothing still but my quetion is tha if I have a bad cluster will I still throw code 17
              NEW CB

new

Comment

bump I really need help I'm getting current to the sensor could it be a bad cluster i check the wiring to the cluster thats good but could a bad cluster still throw code 17
                NEW CB

new

Comment

Update my speedo is still not working and just rewired the strut tower harness and will test it to see if it works
                  NEW CB

new

Comment

Still no speedo I wired the tower harness correctly now i'm debating if i want to rewire the part the connects to the vss
                    NEW CB

new

Comment

bump anyone
                      NEW CB

new

Comment

Hey, check the colors of wires going to the vss, after a bit of checking, I had mine hooked to the wrong plug. The wires on the correct plug under the hood are black, yellow and orange. BUT, if you look, there is a plug in the same harness area, same shape, but the wire color is black, dark yellow and light yellow. Check that and see if it works. That was the problem with mine, I had no idea since I wasn't there to connect the wiring after the swap. Let me know

Comment

Working...
                        X