Are Honda Axles worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Honda Axles worth buying?

This makes me mad. I just came back from a cruise through Jerome, AZ its a nice windy mountain road. Anyways, my axles seem to be making a clicking noise, every time I turn left or right. When I go straight, they don't seem to be making that noise.

They've got about 10-15K miles on them, replaced about a year and a half ago w/ brand new ones on both sides from this local BAP automotive store.

What I'm wondering is, Should I invest in new OEM Honda Axles to replace these? I really don't think they're bad, but this clicking noise is irritating me. There's no slop in the joints and I don't feel any vibrations while accelerating either. Its just that stupid clicking that I hear, I don't feel anything.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

The question is; are the non original CVs worth buying. I've heard bad reports...
    Regards from Oz,
    John.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      This makes me mad. I just came back from a cruise through Jerome, AZ its a nice windy mountain road. Anyways, my axles seem to be making a clicking noise, every time I turn left or right. When I go straight, they don't seem to be making that noise.

They've got about 10-15K miles on them, replaced about a year and a half ago w/ brand new ones on both sides from this local BAP automotive store.

What I'm wondering is, Should I invest in new OEM Honda Axles to replace these? I really don't think they're bad, but this clicking noise is irritating me. There's no slop in the joints and I don't feel any vibrations while accelerating either. Its just that stupid clicking that I hear, I don't feel anything.
      If it's clicking, it is going bad. They only click for one reason. You won't get the vibes until later on.

The only other ones I would even consider are NAPA, and let's put it this way. I got 2 new NAPA axles when I did my swap. One of them is clicking already, so I won't be getting them next time.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Maybe we can have an axle swap party!

Comment

DIY! Time!
          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

My ebay axles are still holding up. About 10K miles so far. I think one might have a pin-hole leak in the boot though.

Comment

two options here... autozone lifetime warrenty.... get to replace them about once a year lol...... other option.... buy some very expensive axles from f22parts on ebay... about 250 each....

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Its due to all those low drop cars that you guys have.

Comment

i always thought it was due to all that hard acceleration during hard cornering

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

well whenever you guys buy axles, ask which company has them rebuild. if its cordone inc then you are good to go. my dad works for that company and he is using rebuild axles from the same company. been 2 years now with no problem.

some shops might have new axles too. axles that have been produced in china. lol
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Autopart International only 80 bucks each in my area
                      90k+ in a 91 lx gave away still rolling
                      4k both axles in 93se no problem, nothing imo fit like oem
                      honda dealer uses Autopart Internationalyeah give you idea

no no to az ,napa ,av prif you love your car and do it yearly
                      scion Tc
                      HONDA FIT

Comment

I generally measure in miles driven. If I get less than 60-70K between boots I am disappointed. If I get less than 200K out of an axle, then I am disappointed.

Go OEM, or go home. I haven't found a single axle that comes close yet, with the exception of the ones from say DDS or something.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

www.raxles.com or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Comment

yeah its just that before I went on this drive, they weren't clicking. But right when we got up to the top of the mtn. and went looking for lunch driving slowly, they clicked like crazy whenever I made the slightest turn at any speed.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Yeah, 10k miles on an axle is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X