No announcement yet.

Bled the clutch line...and this happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um.. try getting a heavy rock or brick or something and pump it and then keep the pedal down with the rock. then bleed the slave.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      idk man.. that's one hell of a stretch trying to pump the slave while opening that valve at the same time. got a neighbor you could hold hostage for a while?

i thought you said in an earlier post that you were off today?
      lmao@ holding neighbor hostage. lol.

and i was off from my day time job. i got into my other job at 5pm. shnit. but my friend is here now.

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
      um.. try getting a heavy rock or brick or something and pump it and then keep the pedal down with the rock. then bleed the slave.

we're bleeding the slave cylinder now.

update: i took that boot off thats on the slave cylinder and the fluid came out. is that normal?

Comment

nope it's not normal to have fluid come out of anywhere unless you are loosening the bleeder valve or lines. looks like you found your culprit. get that sealed up.

also what i found was after replacing my clutch master cylinder is that you have to readjust it so it can push enough fluid to move the slave enough to release the clutch. first deal with your leak then test drive, then check the master cyl if the problem persists. good luck!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

NOPE! not normal! ... you need a new slave. when you remove that boot and the fluid squirts out you lose all hydrolic pressure. i heard you cant get it back unless you rebuild it. trust me, not worth it. stop by your nearest pep boys and pick one up for about 30 bucks.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

yeah after pulling that slave from the PnP it didn't look so good, so i've decided to just get all new crucial parts from TAS.

Comment

got one from autozone for like $23.
              "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
              "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
              ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                nope it's not normal to have fluid come out of anywhere unless you are loosening the bleeder valve or lines. looks like you found your culprit. get that sealed up.

also what i found was after replacing my clutch master cylinder is that you have to readjust it so it can push enough fluid to move the slave enough to release the clutch. first deal with your leak then test drive, then check the master cyl if the problem persists. good luck!
                Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                NOPE! not normal! ... you need a new slave. when you remove that boot and the fluid squirts out you lose all hydrolic pressure. i heard you cant get it back unless you rebuild it. trust me, not worth it. stop by your nearest pep boys and pick one up for about 30 bucks.
                yeah after pulling that slave from the PnP it didn't look so good, so i've decided to just get all new crucial parts from TAS.
                Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
                got one from autozone for like $23.

thank you all for all your help. i got another 5spd coming on sunday. so ill be replacing that part soon. plus im over buying parts like that from auto zone. if its a vital part then im not getting it from auto zone. ill straight to the dealership.

Comment

That happened to me could be your master clutch cylinder it might have a leak if not visable from the engine bay look under the dash at the clutch assembly and look where the rod pushes in.
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    That happened to me could be your master clutch cylinder it might have a leak if not visable from the engine bay look under the dash at the clutch assembly and look where the rod pushes in.

you can see the master cylinder from under the dash? or just where it would be leaking from?

so let me get this right people. no fluid is supposed to come out of the boot(if i were to take it off) on the slave cylinder?

Comment

if theres fluid coming out of the slave when you pull back on the boot, that should indicate a bad/leaky seal well at least in my mind it does.

Comment

if theres fluid coming out of the slave when you pull back on the boot, that should indicate a bad/leaky seal well at least in my mind it does.

thanx man. ill be sure to swap that out today i shall report back with my findings later

Comment

theres no method i know of where only one person could bleed the clutch and pump the pedal at the same time.
                          i've done it before. find a stick that is long enough to reach the clutch pedals and seat. The stick will act as the hold down. This is a pain in the rear but if you ain't got no body else to help then might as well.
                          91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            you can see the master cylinder from under the dash? or just where it would be leaking from?

so let me get this right people. no fluid is supposed to come out of the boot(if i were to take it off) on the slave cylinder?
                            Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
                            i've done it before. find a stick that is long enough to reach the clutch pedals and seat. The stick will act as the hold down. This is a pain in the rear but if you ain't got no body else to help then might as well.

this is the info i need now. about the clutch fluid coming out of the boot. ive asked like 3 or 4 people and they all say the same thing. its the slave cylinder and it needs to be replaced.

Comment

another way

Another way to tell if the slave cylinder is shot.

First get as much pedal pressure as possible (enough to make the slave cylinder move)

Then with the pedal held down (stick or someone holding it) watch and see if the slave cylinder piston moves back toward the the engine as the pedal is held down.

This will also indicate a leak somewhere...

Let me know if you find anything out. Good Luck

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Get your slave replaced yet Shadow?

Comment

Working...
                                X