Where to get caliper bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get caliper bracket

We're doing the brakes on eric's car and his rear calipers are siezed so we got new ones but they don't come with the Caliper bracket. We need both brackets because they are also frozen.

Other than a junkyard any idea where we might be able to get these on a Saturday. I've already tried calling Autozone and Pep boys but they don't even have that part # for that part.

Thanks guys
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

The brackets by themselves are one of the hardest things to get, The only place that will have them is the dealership but even then they will most likely have to order it.

You could try to buy a set of calipers from autozone and take off the brackets and return the calipers. Most likely they wont notice it missing and just give you the full refund.

Comment

i already bought the calipers from autozone and they don't come with the bracket. I did a little research and I think the Caliper Seal kit actually comes with that bracket and stuff.
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

RC truck sales in East Bridgewater, they have all the hard to find parts. thats where i got the caliper bracket for my gf's alero.

508-583-9526
        508-588-8783

Comment

I ran into same situation with one of my parent's Accords with rear disc. I did end up finding it at an Autozone I believe (if not Advance Auto), but had to drive 35 minute away to one of their main hub/stores to get the brackets. They are hard to find. One of my reasons for sticking with rear drums. The rear disc brake design is just prone to frozen caliper slide pins in the bracket, happened on every single cb7 we had, including our 88 integra with similar Nissin rear brake setup.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            I ran into same situation with one of my parent's Accords with rear disc. I did end up finding it at an Autozone I believe (if not Advance Auto), but had to drive 35 minute away to one of their main hub/stores to get the brackets. They are hard to find. One of my reasons for sticking with rear drums. The rear disc brake design is just prone to frozen caliper slide pins in the bracket, happened on every single cb7 we had, including our 88 integra with similar Nissin rear brake setup.
            I had that problem with my front calipers many times.

Also I do belive that you have to buy the "loaded" calipers, those are the ones that comes with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post

I had that issue on my sentra. I just heated the far end of the bracket and the pins came off. Almost melted the rubber though.. The brackets are impoosible to find anywhere but the junkyard it seems like. You should pick up some anti sieze for the new brackets and calipers while you are at it rusty.

Comment

Yeah I just did mine 3 days ago and BOTH my lower slide pins were frozen in the bracket. Looked like they had no lube in them. So I sanded them down w/ 1000 grit and lubed them back up.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                  Yeah I just did mine 3 days ago and BOTH my lower slide pins were frozen in the bracket. Looked like they had no lube in them. So I sanded them down w/ 1000 grit and lubed them back up.
                  Thats pretty much exactly what we did. except we had to go and buy a reseal kit b/c our boots were broken and we had the guys at a local shop do it for us.
                  - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                  X