help with idle and rmp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with idle and rmp

what's up guys. for a while now i didn't have any car problems(lol i was waiting on something to brake.)

anyway. i was driving to work. when i got there. and put the shift into park(automatic tranny) i notice that the rpm where standing at 1100rpm. i waited a little while(2 min) and i noticed the rpm would jump from 1000rpm to 1400rpm. it was like up and down up and down. it pissed me off. i reviev the car up to 2500rpm and the rpms stoped jumpimg,,then started again. i did it a couple of times and the rpms stoped jumping. drove a little bit and put the car back to park and that thing didn't do it again.

my question is : 1-what causes the rpms to jump??????

by the way. sometimes the car drives good sometimes it drives like i have my E brakes on. like the tranny isn't working fine....

so any ideas on what is wrong.

2-any idea how the tranny cable should be set from the throte body to tranny????
    Last edited by alb_accord; 09-20-2004, 04:40 PM.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

oh come on. no one knows this?

Comment

hey man im having exact same problems, but i just reset my ecu like 20 minutes ago and its driving fine again
      ]

Comment

try your idle air controller
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

well right now its not doing it anymore.

i just fixed the throte cable that goes to the tranny. hopefully my rpm will not jump anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X