dead accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead accord

recently i had a 93 honda accord. all yall that were in springfield on march 22 might remember me. the blacked out accord with the black prelide si's. that was mine. well 2 days before the kings domion meet in june the car caught on fire. burned to the ground fire dept was called to put it out. i recently puchased a 90 accord auto LX for 300 bucks. cars in real good shape but is automatic. engine swap for me is a no brainer. i put 6 engines in my 93 cb7 and still have the f22a6 and 5-speed tranny out of ole smokie. the engine started on the first try after the fire and ran great, idled good and all. how much work is it gonna be of i swap out the auto in my new car to a 5-speed. the fire was right on the back side of the firewall so all my dash, clutch and shift linkage was completly melted but the tranny looked fine so i think i would have to get all the shifting mecanisms for the car but is it gonna be worth it??? i mean the a6 will be in and with the auto will it still be slo?? any ideas would be great.
    Last edited by chillin943; 07-13-2008, 02:18 PM.

the rebuild!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=588

that thread should help you out with what parts you still need.
    but if you can do engine swaps, trannys should be a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin943 View Post
      recently i had a 93 honda accord. all yall that were in springfield on march 22 might remember me. the blacked out accord with the black prelide si's. that was mine. well 2 days before the kings domion meet in june the car caught on fire. burned to the ground fire dept was called to put it out. i recently puchased a 90 accord auto LX for 300 bucks. cars in real good shape but is automatic. engine swap for me is a no brainer. i put 6 engines in my 93 cb7 and still have the f22a6 and 5-speed tranny out of ole smokie. the engine started on the first try after the fire and ran great, idled good and all. how much work is it gonna be of i swap out the auto in my new car to a 5-speed. the fire was right on the back side of the firewall so all my dash, clutch and shift linkage was completly melted but the tranny looked fine so i think i would have to get all the shifting mecanisms for the car but is it gonna be worth it??? i mean the a6 will be in and with the auto will it still be slo?? any ideas would be great.
      and yes it will still be slow if its an a6 auto....DO THE SWAP !!
      92 4 Dr Ex-sold/91 civic hatch(bad head)/93 civic vx

Comment

see thats what i was thinkin. but i kno this conversion will be a pain in the ass but worth it in the long run. are the axels the same or diffrent in autos?? cause i kno like 90 and 91 didn't have a intermedite shaft just a long axel on the passenger side. unlike mine i do have a intermedite shaft. i kno alot about the 5-speed one but clueless on autos. and also im wondering if i would need to change the computer over to a manual one.

the rebuild!

Comment

from what i understand the computer is the same, the tcu controls everything on the auto, someone else can correct me if i'm wrong.
          Cars:
          91 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          98 Accord LX Sedan
          95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (E3 16G, PTE 780cc, Godspeed FMIC)

Comment

well before i jerk the a1 out and drop the a6 in, ima stop by the local salvage yard and grab what i need off of a straight drive accord. cuttin a few holes and runnin some lines i think i might be able to do this. ill keep yall posted

the rebuild!

Comment

Working...
            X