DIY request on battery relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
    I used 4 gauge and its allright, but most people recommend 2...so I wouldn't use 8 gauge...its probably too small.
    aight. i only asked because the wire said battery wire on it. so how many feet of wire would i need?

Comment

stock is 4 guage, dont use any smaller than that. i would suggest at least 2ga due to the added resistence of the long battery cable.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i just ran my stock battery wires to the back of the car..with the wire from some booster cables.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          stock is 4 guage, dont use any smaller than that. i would suggest at least 2ga due to the added resistence of the long battery cable.
          resistance has nothing to do with making the wire larger. resistance for copper wire is a constant number in any voltage drop calculation. the reason you upsize wire in any condition is only based on length. length of the "run" is the only changing variable in a VD calculation. so yes if you do see a drop in voltage whenever someone does this upsizing to a 2awg or running a 2nd 4awg would remedy the problem.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

who has used the distribution block

Comment

just tested my setup today and while the car didnt start due to a uncharged battery, there was no voltage drop between the starter and the battery in trunk. Ill try out my battery 2morow, put it on the trickle charger.,

used my positive battery cable from a newer BMW.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

is their any way off getting these parts to make your own kit from local auto stores like autozone or advance auto instead of using a kit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko1 View Post
                  is their any way off getting these parts to make your own kit from local auto stores like autozone or advance auto instead of using a kit ?
                  all you have to do is get long enough wire/buy a box for the battery/an thats about it
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

so i would probley be able to get a autoparts store then right....and i was looking across the web and i saw the some mazda guys only run the + cable to the starter and thats it is that fine or is their something else that need to get done.....sorry for the dumb questions but i am new to auto upgrades...

Comment

Ok, so once the battery is mounted in the trunk, you run, 2ga wire from the battery to the starter, and then starter to the fuse box?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post

I totalled my damn car, and the batterty didnt bust or crack.

I dont plan on using an inline fuse when i put mine in the new car.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

sorry for the double post, but i got left all the way at the bottom on the last page...

Ok, so once the battery is mounted in the trunk, you run, 2ga wire from the battery to the starter, and then starter to the fuse box?

Comment

Originally posted by rvaldez0781 View Post
                            sorry for the double post, but i got left all the way at the bottom on the last page...
                            run another wire from battery to fuse box.

my issue was that my pos wire which was taken from a newer BMW did not carry enough amperage.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i found a kit i plan on using, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku 1gauge wiring so i should be fine

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

ok guys this is how its done i ran a 2awg to the distribution block and left all the other wires the same put a rubber mat under neither the battery and drilled two holes in the trunk and used a battery tire down from schucks and whala
                                i bolted my neg to the trunk wall near the jack location just fond a whole and used a bolt washer and nut

10 ft of 2awg from home depot 45$
                                battery tie down 10$
                                blood sweat and tears priceless

much cheaper then the online ones plus just as good but if you must have a box 15$ at schucks

oh and i ran it to the block and the normal wire from the block to the starter and never had a problem no heating of the block and no shorts or arcs plus my battery is just fine and hasnt exploded either

"accidents in the back seats cause kids"
                                but who says that i
                                have back seats in my sedan

THE ALASKA EXPERIMENT

Comment

Working...
                                X