DIY request on battery relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    is there an alternative for that marine box?
    yeah a sheet metal box
    like this!
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
      yeah a sheet metal box
      like this!

so whats the purpose for the battery box again? i know the battery leaks some type of fume. but couldnt that be let out some other way?

Comment

the purpose is to hopefully protect anything u have in the trunk and in case something catches fire!
        and the venting, well i just would recommend that you get an optima battery!
        STUFF FOR SALE!!!
        1992 Accord Lx.
        1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

what about the grounding wire from the fuse box?

Comment

what about the grounding wire from the fuse box?
            what about it?
            STUFF FOR SALE!!!
            1992 Accord Lx.
            1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

what about it?

where do i route it to? do i put it on the ground thats right next to the battery behind the light on the fender?

Comment

where do i route it to? do i put it on the ground thats right next to the battery behind the light on the fender?
                u bolt the main ground cable to spot behind the light
                im pretty sure
                STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                1992 Accord Lx.
                1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Two 4awg fused runs.

Comment

the purpose is to hopefully protect anything u have in the trunk and in case something catches fire!
                    and the venting, well i just would recommend that you get an optima battery!
                    Haha I picked up the marine box because all I could think of was some lawn chair crossing the terminals....I wouldn't go to the beach that day ahha

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

bumping this thread again, because i have a few questions.

DC works off the negative, which means the 80A fuse in the fuse box is the inline fuse. correct? you shouldnt need a fuse. also the starter doesnt have a fuse, its direct off the battery straight to the starter.

so my question...run a 2 gauge to a Distribution block in bay, then run exising pos cables from block to starter and teh other to the fuse box.

this will work correct?

technically its blocked on the terminal and splits to the fuse box and starter, so i would be doing the same thing in reverse. as long as the battery in trunk is grounded to chasses then everything should work the same.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

You don't even need a distribution block. I just ran the power wire straight off the starter. I took the wire going from the fusebox and combined the end of it and the end of the power wire to the started on the same connector. Works fine.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I understand it works like that, but i didnt want to splice and use butt connectors or electrical tape all these wires together. or have a huge ass wod of wire on the starter. just think a dist. block would be a lil cleaner, i dont know.

the other thing was the fuse thing though, i mean the fusebox has a batt fuse, so why the inline fuse like discussed? im sure there are multiple people not running an inline fuse and havent had a battery explode on them.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

You do not have to use a inline fuse. The way the car is from the factory is the same way its going to be when you move the battery to the trunk. The + battery terminal runs from the trunk to the starter. Same as it would if the battery was under the hood. You never put a fuse between the battery and the starter. Everything else in the car is protected buy the main fuse in the fuse box under the hood.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                            My member's ride

Comment

ok. i just found a wire that says its 8 gauge. can i use that for the positive side?

Comment

ok. i just found a wire that says its 8 gauge. can i use that for the positive side?
                                I used 4 gauge and its allright, but most people recommend 2...so I wouldn't use 8 gauge...its probably too small.
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X