change from sythetic oil to regular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change from sythetic oil to regular?

ok well i was just wondering if it would be ok to change back to regualar oil after using sythetic for like 500 miles? will it hurt the engine at all?
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

to me I think basically it's ok.However I saw some posts here said if starts synthetic,then no turn back,kinda confused about the reason.But why you want to switch back?

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

yea see ive heard the same thing and then ive heard its ok. i dont really see how it would matter anyway. i wasnt to crazy about the sythetic but i figured i would give it a try and i did but iwas just wondering if there was a chance i could go back to regualar oil
      cb7 sold

Comment

yea see ive heard the same thing and then ive heard its ok. i dont really see how it would matter anyway. i wasnt to crazy about the sythetic but i figured i would give it a try and i did but iwas just wondering if there was a chance i could go back to regualar oil
        cb7 sold

Comment

ok man,but 500 mils is too early for change.I think if you have no problem with seals and rings,just use synthetic.However,I don't know if you can extend the change interval or not.Many people also say the point to use synthetic is to extend the service interval,but to me I believe that synthetic will do good in lubricating especially at cold starting and high revving situation,but to change around 3k is needed.
          Just use synthetic for another while and see if you like it now,feeling any difference now? I can't use them cauz I got some leak already

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

yea i was going to but i dont know i just dont like it thats why i wanted to change
            cb7 sold

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
              yea i was going to but i dont know i just dont like it thats why i wanted to change
              o,then you can,I think,just my opinion,see if any other get some more ideas.

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=874278
                i found this on honda tech its pretty intresting they say you can and it wont hurt it
                cb7 sold

Comment

yes you can go back, and i dont blame ya. i switched and i went right back to good ol' castrol 10-w30. i burned through synthetic so damn fast its sick. its more slippery and gets by worn seals a lot easier. my advice when deciding on oil is this, i would only use synthetic if i bought a brand new car that way i would never have to change brands again, and the synthetic would start working right from the begginning, but my car has over 200,000 on it so i am going to stick with reg motor oil, thats what my engines used to and thats what its going to get. now opinions vary on this subject but i have had only bad experiences with synthetic oil so i dont use it, so yes you can go back to your old oil and i think its a good idea.i use 10-w30 all year round and i have had no problems what so ever. good luck with your decision i hope i helped some what.

Comment

thanks man for the info. yea i used 10w30 in it before and it felt alot better running then i tried the synthetic with the 5w30 and it just doest feel right. so i went out and bought some new oil and shit so im gonna change it tommorow. thanks alot again
                    cb7 sold

Comment

Working...
                    X