Code 12 EGR fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 12 EGR fix

Ok I decided to make a thread on my problem with code 12. This has been a very annoying code for me and a few others that I know. Just resently I cleaned my egr ports out then tapped and pluged them back up. Put everything back together, cleared the ecu, drove the car, and once it warmed up the code came back on. Came home, took an egr off my civic which I know is good, installed it, reset the ecu, and the code came back. So now I guess what is the next step? What else could be the problem?

im trying to figure this shit out for myself as well. I keep getting code 12 too.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Ya it is really frustraiting. I'm hoping someone has a cure.

Comment

well, it could be the sensor inside the black box that tube 16 leads to. I tried a half-ass trouble shoot one day but got nowhere. Its just really fucking annoying especially since I've had it for almost 2 years now.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Ya that was my next guess. I mean if not then wtf could it be?

Comment

test the solenoid yet?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That will be tomorrow's project. I'll post up what I findout tomorrow.

Comment

Bump, I have done everything. Even checked the wires from the plugs to the ecu and they're all connected. Replaced the black box and egr with ones from a car I know has no code. Cleaned egr ports. Took it to the local honda/acura repair place and they were stumped.

Comment

Its a mystery.. someone better post an answer.. lol Everytime you pulled up I could see in your face the check engine light was on.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                  New people click here

Comment

bad ecu?

Comment

maybe the EGR itself is bad? i know you cleaned it and all, but sometimes that vacuum thingy inside could go bad or have a leak somewhere?

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

he changed the ecu and the shop let him try a new egr and still got the code

New people click here

Comment

BUMP this **** cuz i have the same problem and its annoying!!!

not only does my CEL come on but my car stutters after 5k RPM
                          I sell slightly used tires for cheap, jus pm me what u need!

Hp sells cars, Tq wins races ....
                          - 95 Camaro (beast) TOTALED
                          - 92 Camaro RS (fixer-upper) SOLD
                          -92 Accord LX (slammed) SOLD
                          - 95 Jetta (VR-SEX) CURRENT DD

Comment

Since a couple people have this problem.. including me.. bump.

Some one has to know?

New people click here

Comment

my old h22 swapped accord had that same EGR Light..
                              i just learned to live with it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                              X