replacing fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing fuel pump

I have a 92 Accord LX sedan and I am going to replace the fuel pump. Is it accessible from underneath the rear seat, without having to drop the tank?

The only way is to drop the tank for our cars.

Comment

thanks for the news I didnt want to hear..lol. I know there are some cars that can, just been too long since i saw it that I was hoping it was mine.. thanks

Comment

It will suck

I just did this a few weeks ago, Do yourself a favor and drain as much gas out of the tank as possible. Also be prepared to either ask for help in reinstalling the tank again or using jacks to lift and hold the tank while you reconnect everything. If you run into any problems let me know

Comment

Yes and make sure you have a couple of jacks and be sure not to puncture the tank. Getting it back up is a pain in the ass, because bolting it down requires you to remove the slack from the strap to stretch far enough,.

Comment

can you guys tell me if its my fuel pump?
            my car was running on the freeway. my gas was almost full, everything was fine.... but out of nowhere, my gas pedle stop responding. car was on but no gas...after i turn off my car, i couldn't turn it on after that... is that my fuel pump/filter? i need some help........thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by khmer504x
              can you guys tell me if its my fuel pump?
              my car was running on the freeway. my gas was almost full, everything was fine.... but out of nowhere, my gas pedle stop responding. car was on but no gas...after i turn off my car, i couldn't turn it on after that... is that my fuel pump/filter? i need some help........thanks....
              well, a fuel filter is only 10 bucks and is really easy to change. id start there first but prior to that, you can leave the key to the II switch and try and listen for the fuel pump.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i thought i needed a new pump before...but i checked the filter by taking it off the pressurizing it with air or water and it was clogged...

Comment

i'd replaced my fuel filter but nothing different....but i do hear the fuel pump.....does that mean its still good? its a hsssssing sound....

Comment

It might still be good, but tell me you are saying that your car stopped responding to you out of no where? I had my car stall out on me two years ago and it would do it at very random times. So, I changed the fuel pump and that changed.

Comment

thanks for your helps, but i found out the real problem...... one of the bolt on my distributor was loose.... causing the rotor in the cap to break......man....if you guys only see the inside of it..... but everything seems fine.....just need to replace the cap and the rotor inside.....that was alot of weight of my chest....don't have to mess with my full tank of gas....haha....

Comment

Working...
                      X