No announcement yet.

Should be hesitation eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i found my old receipts for you, the part # for the pluggs is P/N17199-PT3-AHM. the pluggs look kinda different.so when u buy them do not be surprised. the new pluggs u buy will be bowl shaped, as the ones comeing from engine are solid. but thats the part number so tell honda you need 6 of that number..later bro.dont listen to him bro diy andsave the money. its not hard just time consuming if u have the right drill bits you wont have a problem like he did. the pluggs are aluminum also i had no problem doing mine. just use a 5mm metal bit. dealers suck and wont do as good asa job that can be done.
    Last edited by 91accord4door; 09-16-2004, 11:30 PM.

Comment

yeah,got it! writing them down and gonna go to another honda dealer tomorrow,last time the one sucks.later bro,thank you for all the input!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

hey bro,I went to honda today and showed them the part number you gave to me.The guy there was a bit confused at the beginning,he was like"eeee,I haven't seen this number before,we might not have it man.what's your car?" I told him the model and he said"o,then we should have it........" Finally he got the match number out of his computer and told me the number is good,he asked me where did I get this?Lol. But the thing is,they don't have in stock Gonna order them,so ready on Monday.Cheap ones,only 84 cents CAD for one.Gotta wait.

Also I purchased 3 quarts of Z-1 ATF from them and have it changed by my shop today.The bottles are black instead of silver that I saw online,they said cauz it's for canadian market.How to say,when they drainning the old fluid that put into it 1 month ago,it's good color,like light red.However it became a bit darker after 2/3 was out.After that I went out for a spin,a..........just a little better I can say Not like many people said before "light like a feather". Now I am start worrying about some internal prpblems that can't be cured by fluids O,well.at least I tried. The best I can do now is to keep it in D3 in town to avoid the harsh shifting between 3 and 4.

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

don't take this the wrong way, but if you are having a shop change your ATF, you should not attempt to clean the egr ports yourself. you may end up opening a big can of worms that you don't want to open. i've been working on cars for quite awhile and i even thought cleaning the egr ports was a pain in the ass.

Comment

yeah,I know I am weak at DIYs I don't change the fluids myself was just cauz I don't have some nice jacks and good ratchet and also my shop only charge me quite low for doing this plus every time I go they do free inspection for me,quite cool. I will try getting some more tools that I can do more things myself.

o,really? What may be the possible down falls to clean the EGR myself? Thanx for your idea man.

Comment

the only problem you''l encounter is not being able to get the pluggs out thats the hardest part but if its done right they will come out, you hafta tap them untill they go down about 1/8 inch than pull them otherthan that its cake, dont use to much cleaner just what u need.and dont get shavings down into the engine.

Comment

thanx bro,I was thinking that when I am cleaning it,some carbon will fall off into the engine or I have to try my best to avoid it to happen? What if that happens,will hurt the engine or? If so,I have to be sure that pciking carefully.

Comment

nah bro a lot of carbon will fall into the engine thats fine it burns off anyway,you just have to be careful not to get metal shavings from drilling into the pluggs,thats why u do not drill all th way through but if you do it ok as long as a bunch of shavings do not fall into engine, but even if hsavings do fall into the engine thats why u buy air in can and when your done blow all that shit out the EGR valve opening. dont worry about that you'll do fine. after your done and you start the car you'll have brownish black smoke for about 10 mins just drive it until it gos away, that smoke is all that carbon that you cleaned off fell into the engine.nothing to worry about.

Comment

o,thanx bro,I went outside just now and took another look,I found that there are several things over those ports need to be removed? Cauz they just prevent me to get to the ports,do I need to remove them? appreicated.

Comment

you have to remove fuel rail tomake it easy and injectors,just take off your gas cap to relieve pressure inthe line and your injectors pop right out, just remove electrical connector. and theres a 17mm nut on fuel rail remove that.a little gas will spill but wont kill ya.

Comment

ok,bro,got it,thanx again! appreicated.

Comment

Working...
                        X