is my tranny blown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is my tranny blown?

well ill delete my other threads to make sure i can get some answers in this one.

PROBLEM: shifts fine when the car is off. but if i turn it on while its in 1st it'll try to pull the car forward while its turning over. if i start the car up in neutral, it wont go into any gear at all. i get a vibration through the clutch pedal.

QUESTION: is it my clutch that has gone bad? or is the tranny just screwed all together? i had just put OEM MTF fluid in it the morning before i started to drive it.

any help would be appreciated greatly. thanx

back to the top

help. anyone?

Comment

ttt

i need yalls help people. i want to see if anyone knows about this before i spend money on parts i dont need.

Comment

afternoon bump. come on people. someone has to know something.

Comment

were any clutch lines messed with? sounds like a line was cracked open or the bleeder valve on the clutch master cylinder was tampered with. there's no reason to touch any of this if you're changing the transmission fluid though. completely separate.

Comment

does your slave cylinder disengage or engage at all when you push on the clutch? have someone push on the clutch while you go to the front of the car and check. if it is working, and to that full potential, your hydraulic system should be working fine and it may be something with the clutch and or tranny.

hows the clutch pedal feel? solid?
            spongy?

i have a feeling its something wrong in the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
              were any clutch lines messed with? sounds like a line was cracked open or the bleeder valve on the clutch master cylinder was tampered with. there's no reason to touch any of this if you're changing the transmission fluid though. completely separate.

im not for sure. i didnt get any details from the guy who sold me the car. he just told me the guy who put in the motor didnt align the clutch properly i know who ever put the motor in didnt even know what they were doing because they have an auto tranny bracket on the back of a 5spd car. not the bolt for the rear mount is through the rubber in the mount instead of the set hole.

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
              does your slave cylinder disengage or engage at all when you push on the clutch? have someone push on the clutch while you go to the front of the car and check. if it is working, and to that full potential, your hydraulic system should be working fine and it may be something with the clutch and or tranny.

hows the clutch pedal feel? solid?
              spongy?

i have a feeling its something wrong in the clutch.

ill check on the spongy feel tomorrow. when it was running it felt normal. like my g.f '04 cavi. not too hard, not too soft. i want to say theres something wrong with the clutch(or at least thats what im hoping. i cant find a 5spd tranny for a good price anywhere around me. lol). im sure if the tranny was bad it wouldnt go into gear at all even when the car is off am i right?

Comment

morning bump

Comment

send it to gearspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    send it to gearspeed.
                    like ive said before and ill tell you again mike. i dont have money like you do. lol. so i cant up and send my tranny off to get it modded or fixed at a shop.

Comment

BUMP

Comment

I sure hope its clutch related. I had the same exact issue and it ended up being a fucked up tranny. The shift forks were bent and I couldn't get into reverse of 5th. If I were you I'd check the clutch line first and make sure there are no air pockets or water in the line. Look at the fluid level and make sure it does not drop. If it is dropping then check the clutch master cylinder for leaks.

If the fluid level is constant then look at the clutch slave cylinder and make sure it is working. The piston should push the shift fork enough to enable you to shift gears while the car is ON. If you can't confirm this then you might wanna replace the slave cylinder. If all else is working then it could be your actual clutch. However, the bad news is this; if your clutch has been fucking up and you have been forcing the gears then theres a chance that you have damaged the transmission from having a bad clutch engagement. In this case, you might have to invest in a new clutch AND tranny.

Also make sure you get a good throw out bearing and not some flimsy shit that will give out on you in a couple years. That is all. gluck

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX View Post
                          I sure hope its clutch related. I had the same exact issue and it ended up being a fucked up tranny. The shift forks were bent and I couldn't get into reverse of 5th. If I were you I'd check the clutch line first and make sure there are no air pockets or water in the line. Look at the fluid level and make sure it does not drop. If it is dropping then check the clutch master cylinder for leaks.

If the fluid level is constant then look at the clutch slave cylinder and make sure it is working. The piston should push the shift fork enough to enable you to shift gears while the car is ON. If you can't confirm this then you might wanna replace the slave cylinder. If all else is working then it could be your actual clutch. However, the bad news is this; if your clutch has been fucking up and you have been forcing the gears then theres a chance that you have damaged the transmission from having a bad clutch engagement. In this case, you might have to invest in a new clutch AND tranny.

Also make sure you get a good throw out bearing and not some flimsy shit that will give out on you in a couple years. That is all. gluck

that was very informative man. thanx. im going to check out those today when i get a chance. thats kinda a reason why i hate having a 5spd. something goes wrong and there are too many things to check. lmao. it's like an electrical issue. but i will for surely check that stuff out. i didnt even think it would be air the clutch line.

Comment

Working...
                          X