Won't start when its hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start when its hot.

I've noticed after I drive a bit, specialy in warm weather, like 80's, if I turn the car off and go to start it back up it won't. Temp gauge stays between C and H so its not over heating. It just cranks over. Kindof weird. Once I let it sit for a few minutes it starts up fine.

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    I've noticed after I drive a bit, specialy in warm weather, like 80's, if I turn the car off and go to start it back up it won't. Temp gauge stays between C and H so its not over heating. It just cranks over. Kindof weird. Once I let it sit for a few minutes it starts up fine.
    Main relay?
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

hmm.. good point. I never thought of that....

Comment

always heard it was the main relay if it does what ur car is doing.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Guess its time to fire up the soldering gun. Its a shame they have to stuff the relay so far up.

Comment

yep, main relay, DIY it.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              yep, main relay, DIY it.
              Yup, I plan to do it yourself it. lol

Comment

yup...MFR is your culprit bud!

and you're absolutely right...getting that MFR out can be a pain..

take the Cruise control unit out....unbolt the fan timer from the MFR...unbolt the MFR...swing that out...then take it out.

and if you have a 5spd...the clutch pedal and that starting sensor is in the way ( less clearance to work )

but once you get it out..

MAKE SURE...

you drill holes in the MFR cover AFTER you take it off the brown part. ( to allow for it to breathe better and to prevent heat expansion cracks in the future ) the holes will allow air to flow through that MFR casing instead of baking the solder.

get it done!!!!
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Nice tip, I think I will drill some small holes in the case. As for taking stuff off to get to it I don't think I'll have to,lol. I've gotten them out of a couple accords before. I'm good at reachin in super tight places.

Comment

Yea 3x on what every one else said. Mine did that for a while, then I replaced it.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Main relay. 100% on that.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

dude i thought you knew that. you been here awile. you should see like a million threads about it.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I've done 2 of these so far, alot easier on auto's. I just resoldered all the contacts.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

HAHA oh cool stufff.... ummmmm.... main relay is in perfect shape. So now what cb7tuners????? I know I'm stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              HAHA oh cool stufff.... ummmmm.... main relay is in perfect shape. So now what cb7tuners????? I know I'm stumped.
                              ignitor inside the dizzy might be fried.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X