Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rough idle caused by my 2.5 inch exhaust system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rough idle caused by my 2.5 inch exhaust system?

My friend suspects that my 2.5 inch exhaust system is causing my car to idle roughly. Im not sure what he means, but is this possible?
    My car will idle roughly when the idle RPM is low, like 500-600, but it will sometimes idle higher like at 900 too. It just varies.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Originally posted by b3nsonx View Post
    My friend suspects that my 2.5 inch exhaust system is causing my car to idle roughly. Im not sure what he means, but is this possible?
    My car will idle roughly when the idle RPM is low, like 500-600, but it will sometimes idle higher like at 900 too. It just varies.
    Your friend is an idiot.

500 rpm is too low to idle. Sounds like you need to adjust your base idle. Look it up, there should be a DIY for it.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Shouldn't have to do with the new exhaust. Most likely caused by somthing else and is more noticable now that you can hear the exhaust louder. Try searching irratic idle.

Comment

Car should not be idling under 700RPM, and our stock tachs dont read under 500RPM
        wat?

Comment

Working...
        X