removing the evaporator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing the evaporator

I just removed the evaporator but after searching and reading a few posts in the past, I was informed that I should put the case back together and seal up the "holes". What holes are we talking about?

Can anyone be more specific on how I should approach this?

Thanks

I would assume that once you remove the Evap. the lines that go into and out of the evap. will have holes in there place now. So just plug it up w/ something so all the heat from the engine doesn't come into the cabin.

You did this for a weight reduction didn't you.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

My A/C doesn't work so I removed the whole system.

I was also looking for more room behind the glove box to make up for my wire tuck

Comment

Originally posted by the pharmacist View Post
        My A/C doesn't work so I removed the whole system.

I was also looking for more room behind the glove box to make up for my wire tuck
        damn that must suck in the summer in Nevada. I can imagine how that feels....I'm in AZ and just got a can of R12 put in my car. But what's wrong w/ it? just the compressor?

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          damn that must suck in the summer in Nevada. I can imagine how that feels....I'm in AZ and just got a can of R12 put in my car. But what's wrong w/ it? just the compressor?
          there was a leak in the system and I didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I never use A/C anyways

Comment

You basically need to make the evaporator box a sealed unit, minus the inlet and outlet, which are the 2 large openings @ each end. Seal everything else, metal repair tape works well for that.

Also, if you need a rubber firewall block off grommet from the evap. removal LMK, I have an extra one!
            Last edited by Granite CB7; 07-02-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X