Does aem not make a v2 for our car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91accord4door
    well there is a difference and it doesnot matter how fast the air is moving, if the filter is outside the engine bay it is sucking up cooler air (a lot cooler) and cooloer air is a shit load better for the engine, a short ram is sucking in hot engine heat, and a cai is better than a stock intake because its a cooler,smoother air flow,no resonators,etc. a cai is a lot better than a stock airbox period, theres dynos to prove it i will ry and find one, and it depends on performance you want if you want top end than go cai if you want better throttle response and lower end power go short ram, thats all i have to say take it or leave it.
    I ment the air once its inside the tube is not effected by the temp. of the walls of the tube.

Comment

dont get so worked up man...i never said i didnt believe you im just the type of person who asks a lot of questions so i can make my knowledge on a subject that much more greater...sorry if i offended you

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

thats almost like tha cai i have and NO EBAY CAI ANDAEM CAI WILL MAKE THE SAME POWER, THE AEM HAS CARB LEGAL STICKER AND TRSTING BEHIND THEM SO PEOPLE BUY AEM FOR THE NAME,ALL THESE GENERIC CAI HAVE COPIED AEM SO THEY SELL THEM CHEAPER BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE TO DO ANY TESTING, DONT WASTE MONEY ON AEM GO EBAY FOR A CAI.sorryfor caps i'm sick of hearing this over and over again.

Comment

alright thanks...

Comment

short ram has better throttle response not because of air temp but because it has a straighter shot into the intake mani as a cai has bends and curves......get it? picture a short ram..............straight shot,,,,,,cai has a long way to go wich make them not as good for throttle response, i'm not trying to be rude i'm just trying to make sense.lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
              So the cai intake will get u colder air. Short ram will get you better throttle response.
              all I did was say the pros of each one. I know why it gets better response but I didnt even type a reasons.

Comment

i was talking to Aaron the whole time.lol but i hope he understands now.

Comment

ohhh ok You put that switch in yet?

Comment

well i have the toggle already in and hooked up to the radar det. and it works great now i just hope i dont blow a fuse down the road. but i drove around all day today and it worked fine .......only problem was i live in the city and the thing went off every fucking 2 mins. that kinda sucks but blah.......

Comment

Nice.... What brand?

Comment

its a $250 whistler. to much.

Comment

short ram has better throttle response not because of air temp but because it has a straighter shot into the intake mani as a cai has bends and curves......get it? picture a short ram..............straight shot,,,,,,cai has a long way to go wich make them not as good for throttle response, i'm not trying to be rude i'm just trying to make sense.lol
                          alright...so if a person had an automatic car where they rarely reached higher rpms it would be more beneficial to have a short ram than a cai?

and....last question i promise, with a cai, is a bypass valve a necessity?

Comment

put it this way, the more u drive the more you will benefit from cai because of fresher air. and no a bypass is not something u have to have but is a great $30 pice of insurence just in case, you should have one if you live in a heavy rain area. if not you really dont need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                              alright...so if a person had an automatic car where they rarely reached higher rpms it would be more beneficial to have a short ram than a cai?

and....last question i promise, with a cai, is a bypass valve a necessity?
                              it's your choice as far as the air intake type, if it's going to be a daily driver seeing lots of city traffic go with the short ram. if it's going to see alot of highway travle go cai.

I think that the bypass filter is a very good thing to have as part of a cold air intake. I've heard of more then a few people here in this very forum alone hydrolocking their engines.
                              ~~~~~~~

Comment

alright thanks guys...

now this is a really dumb question...what exactly happens when an engine hydrolocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X