Really Strange Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Strange Problem

I have a 91 Accord Coupe with over 310,000km on it.
    Yesterday after a long highway drive... i loose my power stearing and there is this banking noise coming from under my hood. I open the hood and the power steering belt is off and if i look down at the drive pully it is woboling around as it spins... the other belt (the one on the Alt) is still on and working but the noise is insane and ive got no idea what happend to make the pully shake so much? Any ideas?

You need to replace the pulley

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

threw a bearing perhaps
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

how big of a fix would wither of those be?

Comment

when i first bought my car, the same thing was kinda happening to me. except my belts were still on, but there was a bad knocking sound. what i did was loosen the belts, and then i had to tighten the big nut thats in the drivers side wheel well. you'll see a hole. i had to put a screwdriver in the flywheel so it would tighten.

i dunno if this is your problem, but i would definately do this when u put the belt back on.

then you have to tighten the belts again, read the haines manual.

Comment

that big nut in driver's wheel well is the crankshaft pulley bolt.... 159 lb-ft

i'm not sure why you'd have to tighten this bolt, if it was loose then you are having more than just P/S and ALT probs, your talking timing belt here.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              that big nut in driver's wheel well is the crankshaft pulley bolt.... 159 lb-ft

i'm not sure why you'd have to tighten this bolt, if it was loose then you are having more than just P/S and ALT probs, your talking timing belt here.
              i dunno, well i tightened it up and its better....i just hope it lasts through the winter, then ill get it all checked out for the summer.

Comment

well it turns out the drive pully on my crank was messed, bad. my timing belt skiped and belts were all off.

got lucky, no head damage.

the slot where the key goes in the pully was gone completly!!!

and all the notches on the inside were smooth...

Fix now and running fine!

Comment

Working...
                X