Vaccum Leak? F22a6 motor. ah! *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccum Leak? F22a6 motor. ah! *pics*

So yea I got my 90 accord on the road yesterday. It had a blown engine and some guy swapped in a new engine ( and f22a6).

I have replaced the ECU with the PT6. I have a idle that goes up and down when the car is in neutral. What I don't see is the Black Box under the intake. It does NOT have that but yet I can't find IF it did have it where I would plug that into!?

Here are some pics let me know if this looks right. Thanks

Last edited by Maple50175; 06-04-2008, 03:51 PM.

i assume your about to add pics? cuz i see none lol.

Comment

The black box is probably not there because your wiring harness for that car would not include the wires for the IABs.

I would just gut the butterflies out of that plate and run it like a spacer.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        The black box is probably not there because your wiring harness for that car would not include the wires for the IABs.

I would just gut the butterflies out of that plate and run it like a spacer.

weird.. dammit. the idle is super annoying and the IM get's super super hott. like it burns!

Comment

IABs not hooked up wont give you that idle issue. You have then jumped right now to vacuum. You have an issue somewhere else.

Comment

with the car running in a controlled manner spray carb cleaner in different areas till the engine change pitch/idle. Look in that area for vacuum leak.
            I would either get a black box or remove the butterflies. The way it is now is hurting you in performance.

Comment

i bet u is an idle sensor problem, cuz my butterflies bypassed and i dont have that issue

and all the hoses seem to be connected to the right place
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

damn it looks like your intake manifold was sittin in a pool of salt water or something......

anywayz everything looks good. You could try changing all the intake manifold gaskets like the plenum gaskets and the IAB gaskets and TB gaskets to see if you could POSSIBLY have a leak anywhere around there. Not makin any promises but u could try the carb cleaner advice. Its a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
                  damn it looks like your intake manifold was sittin in a pool of salt water or something......

anywayz everything looks good. You could try changing all the intake manifold gaskets like the plenum gaskets and the IAB gaskets and TB gaskets to see if you could POSSIBLY have a leak anywhere around there. Not makin any promises but u could try the carb cleaner advice. Its a good idea.
                  we have shitty winters in the NE.

weird. Its really annoying idle I tryed moving the Idle control valve thing and its already turned.. so idk what the prob is.

Comment

Unplug the tps and see if that helps
                    wat?

Comment

see that big round thing in the center of the pic? it has a vacuum hose comming out of it. that nipple on the intake manny is supost to go to the cruise control system not that.

now notice the 2 covered nipple on the back? one of those goes to the black box under the intake manny. then from there it goes to the big round thing in the center of the 1st pic I quoted.

(the other covered nipple goes to the big motor mounts the EXs have)

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

maybe its just that the iac is bad.

i thought you were never going to get an accord again....

u can spray throttle body cleaner on all vacumn lines where they join to the parts and see if the idle changes, thats where you find out where your leak is.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hmm!

Comment

u try my spray idea?
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i had the same problem, turns out after my tranny swap, i had a hose comming from the back of the plenum wiht a bolt in it to prevent it from suckin in air...i guess the tube finally gave out....

the nipple is on the back right of the plenum...i didnt see a pic of it from the pics you posted...maybe give that a shot?
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X