Engine Puke????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Puke????

This time I think something is really wrong These days when I am driving,every time I started to accelerate,at lower RPMs,I can hear the engine makes this kind of sound"waaa-----waaa,a,waaaa",it's just normal engine revving sound but has some stops between them,like the engine is puking at lower rpms,if I rev it a bit higher to 3 or up,it's ok. This problem may have been existing for long cauz I realized that last night when I forgot to turn my music on Any idea guys? Any input is to be appreciated!

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

And I try to recall,it's like"waaaaa,puuuu,waaaaa---puuu,waaaaaaaa" this kind of sound,.

there is no noticable hesitation and rpm is also fine just it sounds not right.Might be injectors or EGR?
    Last edited by exexexex; 09-12-2004, 04:12 AM.

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

Plus guys,due to the engine puke maybe,the acceleration at low rpms surfers,I need to rev it a bit harder to cure this problem.Any idea guys?

Comment

EGR.

JMO
        Noobie my ASS.

Comment

i have the same problem, its like the engine looses its steam for a bit, then it comes back, im going to change my spark splugs. Ill let you know
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

thanx guys! I have changed my spark plugs just 2 weeks ago.Seems to be EGR? So,suggest cleaning myself?

Comment

yeah doesnt seem to be that hard, ie got to clean mine soon as well

Comment

yeah my car does the same thing...group egr cleaning?
                R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
                My members ride page
                Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

hahah im down!

Comment

thanx guys,seems to be egr for sure now.Yet there is no CEL out,maybe soon?
                    Is there a way other than open all the ports and clean it one by one? Any other way? Like some fluids or whatever? Cauz that may take some what a long time to do it,for me I mean.

Comment

ok,guys,I just read a post on another web indicated that hesitation might not be EGR problem and to make sure if it is,you need to remove the vaccum hose to the egr and drive it.How to do that? Which hose is the vaccum for egr? Sorry,I know little in engine

Comment

umm i will check when i get back from class but, i am getting cel, let me pull the code and get back.

Comment

Guys,what I am gonna do is to buy some Sea Foam...... After reading such a long post at HT,I am convinced to buy them and I will see if they are available in my city today. Try it first and see what will happen.Hopefully..........

Comment

o,went out to buy sea foam today,but found nohing any Canadian here can point me a store? Thanx!

Comment

guys,I put some more attention to that these days when I am driving,it really happens at a light throttle,and the acceleration at wide throttle is ok,I can reach like 100k/h pretty quick.But still,I think I can call this sputtering, but still,too many things to look after.The sea foam is what I can't get right now,tomorrow is my only day off this week,gotta rush to GM and ask for their Top Engine Cleaner and try that out.Hopefully I don't even have time to do the EGR,I think I will take care of the upper engine first.
                              The worst scene would be,I go buy some honda ATF and use that as a cleaner,it's really a mist,but,that works?

Comment

Working...
                              X