jack up car height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jack up car height

okay guys i have a 93 lx accord sedan i bought for cheap and it was wreck but the title is clear. The problem I have is with the passenger front wheel, when i park it straight the wheel is sitting about an inch out from under the wheel well. I was told it could be the tire rod. So I jack the car up and pushed it back and forth but it didn't bugde so right now im stuck.

Piss and moan again and you'll have time out in the corner Susan.

pull off the wheel and take a look around.......if the wheel is stickin out like that, im sure something will be obviously out of place, or broken.

Comment

maybe they rebuild it badly?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

but the thing is when I park at certain angles it looks fine but then again on flat surfaces the front end on that side is also setting up higher it is like an inch higher but when I took the wheel off to replace a stud I didnt notice anything diff but Im going to check the suspenion tower in the morning to se if that is messed up because the car runs fine just when gunning it the car wants to pull to the right and the obvious ride height on that side and the wheel sticking out

Comment

is the fender crunched in?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

check your strut. maybe when your car was "rebuilt" they didn't install the spring right.

Comment

Maybe thats the only side not sagging cuz if it is a new spring and strut and all the other ones are old......It would make a difference depending on the condition of the other shocks and struts. Have u checked the alignment on it? Im sure it could tell you quite a bit.

Comment

thank's guys im going to look at them tommorrow just got off te road ill keep you'll inform

Comment

Start simple.

If the position of your wheels are off center or you're pulling towards the right/left while driving, get an alignment. Have the technician print you out the specs that were measure. Most likely, it sounds as if your tie-rod might have gone bad or it probably wasn't adjusted properly...hence, the toe in/toe out problem that you have.

You also mentioned that it sits a bit higher on one side. Did you ever consider perhaps a slight incline or decline of the ground that your car sits on?

Comment

Working...
                  X