Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideas for fluids..

hello,

i am curious if the people in charge of this site can make another section just devoted to fluids and lubricants?... like oil type, which type coolant, oil filter, etc etc...?

i just wanted to know which fluid do you guys buy for brake fluid and power steering and what not.

i did a search and people recommend the HONDA stuff for the PS and what not.

thanks
    hahahahah

yeah,I think should have that forum,lol. I think go with honda will have no problem.

Angels East,Angels West,North and South,just do your best,to guard her and watch her while she rests.

Comment

Re: ideas for fluids..

Originally posted by FishyMan
      i am curious if the people in charge of this site can make another section just devoted to fluids and lubricants?
      Not another section, maybe a link within a sticky. Most recommendations are opinions; everyone's going to have one, and there will be a cubuhzillionbillion different kinds suggested. If what works for you works for you, then stay with it. I see where you're coming from though.
      -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
      -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

i used cheapy stuff for brake fluid...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hehe cheapy brake fluid has a lower boiling point than good brake fluid..making it last shorter.

but oh well there are alot of things about oil, the thing is, i donno. if we had another sub forum for oils andstuff we would be opening a bottle of beans..cause everyone will have their own opinion about whats right for their car and what they use.

but we will have no idea what is correct in many terms...we have no official proof that someones idea will work..just their word.

here guys i go here for myoil questions.

www.bobistheoilguy.com go to the page and go to forums, then have fun searching.

its a great site composed of people who are very obsessed with oil. these guys take oil, send it into the lab and have them analyze the fluid before and after and determine if its a good or bad fluid or to determine wear inside the engine...

i like these guys cause they back up their opinions with facts, not speculations.

my sn there is digitaldrifter91
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

no offence.....

But fuckface the oil guy is VERY biased. He is an amsoil representative, and if you look for them, he does make biased experiments.

HOWEVER- I still found more info on oil on that site in 10 minutes tha i did in the past 5 years of experience!
            Noobie my ASS.

Comment

there has to be some 'bias' regardless.. the human mind naturally feels something for something hehe... but i'm just saying.. it's cool, just inquiring about it..

incase people have a specific question and all that, but ya.. i know what you guys mean. at times we would always follow what most peeps use, and what not...

cool !
              hahahahah

Comment

point taken, though bobtheoilguy isnt there any more, amsoil is a great oil according to tests.

now thats where the bias opinions come from, of course but i like the reasons they go for cause they back it up with proff.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok here it is. for some stuff u got to use honda fluid and that is it(for example the power steering fluid) if u use other one then u gona fuck it up. for the tranny u better use the honda one because u don't know what metal the gears and the entirior are build with.
                  as for the engine u can use whatever oil u can. as long as u see how many miles u got and how ofter u change the oiul.

as for the colant>> everything works. lol as long as u do 50/50.
                  just don't mix diffrent coolant together.
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Amsoil is all my father uses in his Benz, and he puts it in his F-150 and my mother's Buick LeSabre as well. No complaints yet, seems to do the job.
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                    X