Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i know if cylinder one is lined up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i know if cylinder one is lined up?

I took off my distributor cap and noticed that my rotor wasnt lined up to the line, i dont know if thats how it is or what. I failed emissions for the 2nd time i even changed my cat. before the 2nd inspection, so i was wondering if this has something to do with my high CO %

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
    Frost White Member 13
    My Ride
    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

have you cleaned your injection system?

try Sea Foam.

good shit. it'll make your car spit carbon buildup for hours.
    Noobie my ASS.

Comment

i have never seen this infamous sea foam, can you link me to a pic or post a pic of it? i have looked for it in autostores with no luck.thanks.

Comment

have u cleaned your egr ports? have you checked your egr valve?

Comment

Napa and some other select stores carry seafoam. It works great though... definately cleans it out good. Your neighbors will think you killed the car when it starts smoking. I like to see how much smoke i can make

Comment

I havent checked my egr ports, i ran some gumout i guess that didnt do the job.

Seafoam i've heard good and bad things about it, then again iuno

Frost White Member 13
            My Ride

Comment

just outa curiosity, what BAD could you have possibly heard about seafoam?

That stuff is THE SHIT.

Everyone uses it a little differently...

I poor some in my throttle body. Let is sit for 10 min. Start the car(with some trouble). Once it starts, and revs fine, I dissconnect the MAIN VACUME LINE(i believe it goes to master cylinder). SLOWLY poor some seafoam into the line. Your motor will stuter, but thats ok. Then i SLOWLY stick the vacume line in the sea foam bottle. It will kill your motor.

Leave motor off, let sit for an hour.

then start up your car, and smoke out the entire neighbor hood with carbon buildup.(don't drive on the road, cause you'll blind all the other drivers(LITERALLY!).

and yes, i get mine from NAPA.
              Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Well the worst case i heard was of a guy losing his engine, but then again he did pour the whole can into the gas tank.

Frost White Member 13
                My Ride

Comment

i'm not at all saying your lying...............BUT, how did he blow his engine by putting the can in the gas tank?

It's also meant to be put in the gas tank..... It works as a fuel system cleaner when put into gas tanks.

Let me know.....im curious as to how that happened!
                  Noobie my ASS.

Comment

Working...
                  X