Car won't fire up (No Fuel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't fire up (No Fuel)

After many many months, I got my car all back together today, went to fire it up, but it won't start. My fuel pressure gauge is reading zero. I took off the feed line to the fuel filter, and it's bone dry. So the fuel pump isn't kicking on and doing it's job. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Main Relay... Do a search you'll find plenty of info
    Check your fuses

Comment

yup

Comment

If its not the relay than your pump is gone.

Comment

I doubt the pump is gone, it was about 1-2 months old before I took the car apart. Looked at it more today, and I'm not getting spark or fuel. When I the key without turning on the car, everything except my AFC has power. So I'm thinking if there's no power to the AFC, then the ECU isn't getting power, which means I'm not going to get spark or fuel. This is what I'm guessing, but I don't know why the AFC all of a sudden wouldn't have power because I never messed with any of that wiring while the car was down. And I did check all my fuses, they're all good. Any tricks to check if the main relay is still good?
          Last edited by 92accordcoupe; 09-07-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

After researching about the main relay, I don't think there's anything else it could be. The main relay powers the ECU first, then the fuel pump, and I'm not getting power to either. Hopefully, I've found my problem.

Comment

take the vafc out completely and see if that helps you may have a bad one.

Comment

grounds?
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Put in a new main relay, and the ECU still isn't getting power. Can't find any missing grounds or any electrical connectors unplugged. When I took the car down it always started, never had any problems. Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

hmmm

Check the ground wire under the thermostat housing

ignition module?

Comment

Working...
                    X