No announcement yet.

Gasket for aftermarket Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just did my headgasket and i bought a stock gasket and it fit perfect with my Megan racing header. it'll fit no problem. If the OEM gasket dont fit your aftermarket header then it wont' be for your car.

Originally posted by toycar
    Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

high temp silocone is great.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by nusdogg
        it'll fit no problem. If the OEM gasket dont fit your aftermarket header then it wont' be for your car.
        x2

No need to waste money on an aftermarket exhaust gasket. The OEM multi Layer crush style gasket is all you need. If it doesn't fit then you need a new header. Just think about it for a minute.... OEM will work unless you have changed the ports on your head. Only way it wouldn't work is if the ports for the headers are wrong.
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-11-2008, 03:14 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord
          x2

No need to waste money on an aftermarket exhaust gasket. The OEM multi Layer crush style gasket is all you need. If it doesn't fit then you need a new header. Just think about it for a minute.... unless you have changed the ports on your head there is no reason that the OEM wouldn't work? Unless the headers are wrong.
          I'm pretty sure he is referring to the header/downpipe gasket, not the head/header gasket.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by nusdogg
            i just did my headgasket and i bought a stock gasket and it fit perfect with my Megan racing header. it'll fit no problem. If the OEM gasket dont fit your aftermarket header then it wont' be for your car.
            no gasket in between the header and downpipe

Comment

I had the same problem. I ended up buying a sheet of high temp gasket material and making my own. Summit sells it on ebay or you can buy it direct from Summit Racing. I seen not too long ago that they're selling the actual gasket on ebay for between the header/dp. I had a problem also finding a gasket for where it connects to the cat. I emailed everyone selling a header on ebay to see if they'd sell just the gasket but none of them would. I'll try to find a link for the copper dp gasket on ebay.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

Heres a whole set and then just the dp gasket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...m350058940761&

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...m350058940761&

You're welcome

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                  I'm pretty sure he is referring to the header/downpipe gasket, not the head/header gasket.
                  Oooops Missed that! Oh well maybe this is what he's looking for then. Yes it says headman but it will fit any 3 bolt y-Pipe with 1 5/8" primaries.

Summit part number: HED-27180

10 bucks and it's headman quality not Egay lead coated crap!
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-11-2008, 03:47 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X