Blue smoke on start up only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sincerest apologeez to ZigenBallZ.
    I tend to forget that I am in a minority posting from Canada!
    We are so used to condensation and morning coldness that I just assumed that everyone is familiar with these conditions. Not the case and for my rude comments, I apologize. I can feel for Kdub cause I am going through the same thing right now. Is there any chance that installing a custom (2.25") exhaust and removing stock that this could screw with compressions? Or is it just cause stuff wears out...I mean my car is 14 years old regardless of the 185,000Km's.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by hondaracer33
      Is there any chance that installing a custom (2.25") exhaust and removing stock that this could screw with compressions? Or is it just cause stuff wears out...I mean my car is 14 years old regardless of the 185,000Km's.
      Depending on your exhaust customizing (2.25" pipe alone won't do it), it can burn valves over time.
      TBILL
      92 Accord EX Coupe
      CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
      CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

i have this problem for my 97 maxima and dunno what it is... it has under 60k... just interesting to see someone haveing the same prob w/ a honda...
        hahahahah

Comment

To add onto this....my car will puff out a small amount of white smoke (transparent almost white, not thick white like coolant leak..I've seen this before on our 85 New Yorker) when I downshift and get on the accelerator. I'll have to pay more attention on start-up and see what it does.

My car has 265K miles on it now and as far as I know, valve seals have never been replaced , I prolly won't anyways. I think I'm to the point where I'lll let it die a slow death. Hopefully I'll be rolling along and have my project car as least running. Bleh
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

should i try additives then?

thanks would those help ??
            hahahahah

Comment

if its wearing badly as it is, then additives wont help.

u can try but ur wasting ur cash
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

cuz i really dunno what is wrong.. it has only 59k, and a 97..

but not like that matters much at times when involving cars.

i dunno what it could be, it mostly burning of oil (small amts) and its randomn 8-9/10 times at the 1st start up of the day.
                hahahahah

Comment

what type of weather do u have, what kind of oil do u use, weight wise...
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

4 seasons are 70-80 ish or so..

running 10w-30 mobil 1 synthetic
                    b4 was 5w-30 amsoil synthetic

both seemed to show the burning...

thanks..

i've tried asking other w/ the same car, and they experience the same. ive taken my car down to the shop a few times and its not a radiator leak, but acknowledged taht the smoke has a slight blue tinge, which could be oil..

also, im guessing its something inside the engine then..

thanks
                    hahahahah

Comment

try and go thicker, if not then go with regular dino oil.

why did u change from amsoil to mobil...i love amsoil.

www.bobistheoilguy.com is a oil site that you may get alot better response, those guys are oil freaks.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

how thick did u mean?

i couldn't get amsoil that's why. i was told to use thicker as well, so i jumped from 5w-30 to 10w-30 ..
                        what other thickness is avaialbe for amsoil? thanks

10w-40??
                        hahahahah

Comment

Are U guys retarded?

Blue Smoke Is Oil, Coolant Is White What Happens When You Boil Water It Steams And Is White In Color, And Black Smoke Is Excess Fuel Meaning You Are Running To Rich.
                          My OLD Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by dwsaccord
                            Blue Smoke Is Oil, Coolant Is White What Happens When You Boil Water It Steams And Is White In Color, And Black Smoke Is Excess Fuel Meaning You Are Running To Rich.
                            AGREE.
                            and i know this 4 sure.
                            im swidish and i have a EDM Accord EX(R) with the F22A3(150hp) engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X