EGR Valve unplugged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Valve unplugged...

ok my car is still misfiring and not revving over 5000 but I still noticed something, i just changed a EGR on a 06 accord for one of my friends car so I decide to uplug mine and it did nothing, no CEL and the car ran the same could this also be a part of my problem, can a bad EGR valve make a car misfire or cause it not to rev
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

your car still runs when you unplug yours? weird mine just shuts down when i do that. Even in the Haynes manual it sounds like when you're adjusting your idle, it says to unplug that.

theres a suppose to be a way that you can jump the connectors on that valve to see if it clicks signaling that it's still functional but forget how to do that.

if it's misfiring, have you checked to make sure your sparkplug wires are in the right firing order? i think it's 1342 for our cars.
    check your timing also.

Comment

I believe your car needs to be properly warmed up or operating in a certain range for a time span before you trip a CEL because of the EGR. I know on my car the EGR code didnt come on until the car was completely warmed up and ive been cruising for a while before it comes on. My EGR is blocked off btw, but I was running a stock ecu that still looked for it.

No EGR tends to cause you to run richer fuel mixture if im not mistaken. It might cause your car to bog I spose, you should check the ignition though just in case.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

make sure your coolant temp sensor, the plug right underneath the distributor, isn't covered w/ oil from a leaking dizzy O-ring, I suspect that's my problem, bogging at 5500rpms and rough starting. So i'm gonna swap that out. I took care of pretty much everything else so this better cure it.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

oil is on my sensor

I'm going to clean this asap and see if it stops, I've never heard of it but what the hay... but the EGR wouldn't make it misfire, or cause me know to rev over 5000. I also smell fumes inside the cabin of my coupe when the windows arent down.
          Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

if i remember correctly if you unplug or block the vacuum line to your egr, it is suppsoe to stutter horribly or die. if it doesnt, the egr ports may be clogged.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

checking the EGR and coolant temp. sensor right now

Ill post my findings....be right back!
              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

didn't fix it...

man I can rev slowly and it get around to 4500 sometimes 5500 and hold it, then its like something kicks it back. I can unplug the EGR plug and vacuum and it does nothing, is it supposed to be like this. Help me, help me help me!!!! lol
                Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Working...
                X