Big Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Problem...

Well I was out with my gf having a good night...
    I just got my car registered my car today and its the first time driving it on a daily basis....

So I wanted to see what it could do...
    I pushed 130MPH @ 5600 on the Highway with strong winds
    I noticed the car had pretty bad body roll, but new poly urethane bushings and strut bars would fix that..
    I couple of burn outs here and there

But very last I turnt into my drive way and then I noticed the front right wheel was making a noise...

I drove it to my house and got out and saw that the caliper was hitting the rim I have no clue what the hell happened but it isn't drivable...You can that one end of the caliper came off and dug a dlit into the inside of my rims.

Im not too sure what the hell happened and I dont know what it is until I take a look at it tomorrow afternoon...Im thinking that after the last burn out I did I may have put stress on the bolt that holds the caliper to the braket and snapped it...

what do you all think?

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
    Well I was out with my gf having a good night...
    I just got my car registered my car today and its the first time driving it on a daily basis....

So I wanted to see what it could do...
    I pushed 130MPH @ 5600 on the Highway with strong winds
    I noticed the car had pretty bad body roll, but new poly urethane bushings and strut bars would fix that..
    I couple of burn outs here and there

But very last I turnt into my drive way and then I noticed the front right wheel was making a noise...

I drove it to my house and got out and saw that the caliper was hitting the rim I have no clue what the hell happened but it isn't drivable...You can that one end of the caliper came off and dug a dlit into the inside of my rims.

Im not too sure what the hell happened and I dont know what it is until I take a look at it tomorrow afternoon...Im thinking that after the last burn out I did I may have put stress on the bolt that holds the caliper to the braket and snapped it...

what do you all think?

The caliper is held on by 2 bolts. Let us know what is going on, i'm baffled... maybe it was loose and the stress caused it to shake loose... but that is HIGHLY improbable.
    -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
    if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
    Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM
      The caliper is held on by 2 bolts. Let us know what is going on, i'm baffled... maybe it was loose and the stress caused it to shake loose... but that is HIGHLY improbable.
      no it happened to me before i was painting my calipers and for got to tighten one of those bolts all the way and when was driving home from work i heard a clunk when i was pulling into a parking space got out looked and the same thing was wrong wit mine the caliper was hitting the rim i just bought a set of replacement slide pins and bolts and put new ones wit lube and everything make sure everything is in good conditioon before to put it back together

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Yep...I looked at it today, and they bolt had falle out...

Replaced it with another and tightened all other bolts underneath just to be sure...

Also when I turn the wheel quicly the rear end fills like it wants to let go and spin out. Are all of our cars like this or is something wrong with mine?

Comment

My rear end feels squirrelly when i have alot weight in the back. Almost like im on ice or snow. My tires are good, but for some reason, weight just does that...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The only thing in my trunk is the panels ,custom made trunk cover, 1 quart of Royal purple oil, and my battery....

Would a rear and front sway bar do the trick...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
              The only thing in my trunk is the panels ,custom made trunk cover, 1 quart of Royal purple oil, and my battery....

Would a rear and front sway bar do the trick...
              A rear bar should fix your swaying up quite easily. That or lowering your car. I suggest both

if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Cars already lowered on Neuspeed Races

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                  My rear end feels squirrelly when i have alot weight in the back. Almost like im on ice or snow. My tires are good, but for some reason, weight just does that...

thats not right, when i was breaking in my springs with HELLA weight in the rear it felt fine...just way low in the rear.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i dont know where u get the loose feeling w/ weigt added in the trunk... i drove 300+miles this weekend w/ a good 150-200lbs in the trunk and no problems. stock height too but i have an EX

Comment

my car feels more stable with weight in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                        my car feels more stable with weight in the trunk
                        I run with a championship 12'' in my trunk. But i have 4 Eibach Sportline Springs and four new struts. I have an AWESOME ride. I love it.

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Working...
                        X