power seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power seat belts

my power seat belts arnt working... they seemed to be hooked up under the passenger seat.. so what else can i check for? i dont see a fuse for it

The fuses for the passive belts are under the hood, top left corner of the engine if you're facing it.

My driver's side belt gave out because the thingie (for lack of a better word ) that tells the seatbelt the door is closed, thus retracting it, doesnt function anymore. So it could be a problem in the door.
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - The new project
    1991 Honda Accord - Point A to point B car
    2006 Kawasaki Z1000 - The toy

Comment

Yeah, could be the fuses, could be the switch that is on the body at the back of the door. I think its below where it latches. If you are unsure of if that is the problem, put your dome light to the middle switch(turns on if a door opens), and see if it does.
      If its not either of those, the motor could be dead, which a honda dealership should do under lifetime warranty for free.

My problem w/my passenger side one is that the wiring behind the fender is messed up cuz one time I hit the wiring and it worked for the first time since i have owned the car. I never cared enough to do anything about it, since i dont have to sit over there.

Comment

My Power Seatbelt just stop working out of nowhere

ok i don't wanna make a bunch of seat belt posts.. so i'll post here ..
        ----
        the driver side seatbelt just randomly stopped working today.. it worked fine when i got in.. and when i got out..it slid fine to the exit position .. then when i got back in closed my doors.. turned the key.. the seatbelt just stayed there. I open and shut the door.. jiggled it.. every thing.. my passenger side power seat belts still work .. could this be a fuse problem? i don't hear any motor trying to push/pull it or any kind of electric mechanism tryin to do anything with the seatbelt.. there are no power seat fuses labeled under the hood .. i switched the [20]fuses labed Passive motors(not sure if those were it) .. but no change.. driver side seat belt still sat at open door position.. and the passenger side still works. Do you guys think it's the motor? and if so can i fix it myself.. or will honda fix it for me(free) or is it an easy fix any honda tech guy can do for like 20 bucks? I'd like to fix this asap. tha beeping sound is driving me nuts. and i'm riding around with a seatbelt tied to my head rest and my lap belt on
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

^^^^^^

Hate to revive an old thread but I am having this exact problem (The post above) and didn't wanna start a new thread.

I have the exact same proble but mine is on the passenger side, the automatic belt just stopped working

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

you might just want to go to the dealership. Honda has a LIFETIME warranty on the seatbelts and will fix them at their cost no matter if you're the original owner or not.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

when I was searching I read that up from alot of people, but isn't that lifetime warranty only for belt and buckle and not the actual motorized mechanism????

I mean i'll find out monday for sure since I work in a Honda dealership and will figure it out by than for sure but was woondering if anybody else has ran into this same problem....

Comment

read up..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=105442

Comment

Thanks, I guess monday morning I will find out what happened and hopefully my managers wont try to screw me over

I'll just leave the brains for the seatbelts unplugged for now and just manually hook up both belts.

Comment

just make sure to plug it back in back to the factory way otherwise they'll make up some BS about it being tampered with and not honor the warranty.

Comment

My radio fuse blew, it was 7.5 amp fuse, and my seat belts didn't work, once I changed it my seats started workin and so did my radio.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Well its not the switch that all the doors have because my switches are fucked but my seat belts still work fine

Comment

Well for those who care, I was able to get my passenger seatbelt working again, turns out it need a new seatbelt control unit ($700 part) but luckily it was covered under the lifetime warranty so I was good

and I found out EVERYTHING is covered under the lifetime warranty for the seatbelts, just alittle FYI for those unsure like I was.

Comment

are the "passive motor" fuses under the hood the ones for the auto seatbelts? Can I just unplug those to safely disable them?

Comment

Working...
                            X