Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Change

Alright, Im gonna do this myself for the first time tomorrow (or sometime soon) Just to double check, what all do I need?

Edit: and what size oil filter do I need? And whats the best kind?
    Last edited by texasvtak; 08-26-2004, 09:06 PM.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Hey whats up man. Umm, if you look in the DYI section of this website I believe I remember reading one on oil changes. Tells ya everything you might want to know.

Comment

Geeze theres a lot of people from Dallas on here lately.

4 quarts 5-30 oil,
      socket to fit drain plug,
      socket wrench,
      oil filter wrench (maybe),
      oil drain pan,
      oil filter,
      a way to get under the car.

go to Lute Riley Honda and get an oil filter; one size fits most. It will come with a new crush washer for the drain plug. It should also run you about $6 give or take a few. The size is a 3593 (I think).

If all else fails, go to WalMart and look on their little electronic filter guide, and it'll tell you what kind. Besides, you can get everything you need there to change your oil.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

5w30? Been usin 10w30 for a while now... at least since Ive had the car (bout a year and a half) Whats the difference? Or to put it better, what difference would it make?

Anyway, went to autozone tonight, got a Mobil 1 oil filter (why not? not like its a hi-po car )

So tomorrow should be fun... as in not fun as a car nut. I get to change my oil and my gf gets to put on a new intake and heads. Yay..or something
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

its just the thickness of the oil at certain temp.

10w-30 should be okay for u as it is summer.
          i've been using 10w-30 all along

yes MOBIL 1 oil filters are good...
          hahahahah

Comment

Working...
          X