Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 180000 mile valve train

so my motor blew (appart from that)
    and ever since i took that head appart, ive been wanting to take the valves out to see what they looked like

had here it is

funny is how, i look at my intake valves , and it got me kinda thinking, NOT BAD (for a 180000)

and the exhaust, and say NOT BAD (for a 180000)

to bad internals like this made me belive this bitch would last pass the 260K
    what cha think

now what interesting, is the intake ports
    i was looking at them, and ive noticed that the cleanes port, cly, piston, valves, where #4, i know that #4 gets the most air, but didnt think THAT MUCH

what u guys think
    btw i always ran 87 (car never has seen 93)

Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

How did you blow it? Looks like your average f22 with valve stem seal oil leaks.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

something fell on #1

and ran for too long

how u know the valve stems leaks?

Comment

What do you mean something fell in #1? How did it "fall" in there?

I can tell because there is oil residue in the combustion chambers, mostly on #1.

Comment

remeber the "adjusting valves thread"

i was adjusting them with a buddy, and he was using an old magnetic screw driver to check TDC,

im guessing it had something in it, whatever it was it was gone when i took the head out

bad waste of an a6

Comment

dah well over 260k for sure...

sucks to hear about your engine though

Did you ever run any engine cleaner or carbon cleaner through the intake? If so...what?
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
              i was adjusting them with a buddy, and he was using an old magnetic screw driver to check TDC,

im guessing it had something in it, whatever it was it was gone when i took the head out
              What do you mean exactly on the part highlighted in green? Details please.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

This engine would have make it over 180K, if it were maintained. It does look like oil was getting into cylinder # 1 either through valve stems or excessive piston ring oil blow-by. Based on condition of the rest of the cylinders being good, I would say valve stem seal leak is more probable, as Jose stated.

1) Why wasn't the valve stems seals changed on the head when you did the A6 conversion?

2) How did your motor "blow apart" specifically? As in, what failed? It detonate in cylinder #1?

I'm curious, thanks for sharing, always interested in this tech stuff. I'm sure you've learned your lesson and will adjust accordingly into the future.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  This engine would have make it over 180K, if it were maintained. It does look like oil was getting into cylinder # 1 either through valve stems or excessive piston ring oil blow-by. Based on condition of the rest of the cylinders being good, I would say valve stem seal leak is more probable, as Jose stated.

1) Why wasn't the valve stems seals changed on the head when you did the A6 conversion?

2) How did your motor "blow apart" specifically? As in, what failed? It detonate in cylinder #1?

I'm curious, thanks for sharing, always interested in this tech stuff. I'm sure you've learned your lesson and will adjust accordingly into the future.

U GOT IT ALL WRONG BRO JEJEJE

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
                  I WAS ADJUSTING MY VALVES IN MY a6 ORIGINAL MOTOR, (I ALWAYS CHECK TDC WITH THE CAM, DISTRUIBUTOR, AND WITH A STICK OR SCREW DRIVER)
                  MY BOY IS TAKING ONE OF THE DOOR PANELS OUT, WHILE ADJUSTING, I TOLD HIM TO STICK A SCREW DRIVER OR SOMETHING IN CYL#1

AND IT WAS THAT SCREW DRIVER, WHEN I STARTED IT THE VALVES STARTED TICKING, AND I HEARD A MISFIRE, BUT WHEN I SHUT IT OFF, IT WAS TOO LATE WHATEVER IT WAS, BROKE THE SPARK PLUG SO, I TOOK A CHUNK OUT THE PISTON, CRACKED MY SLEEVE, AND BUSTED THE HEAD,
                  (WAS, 3 SCREWS (AND YES HE WAS DUMB TO DO IT,) HES PAYING )

THATS WHY CYL #1 LOOKS LIKE THAT,

Comment

ALSO LIKE EVERY 5K MILES, I WOULD DO diy INDUCTION SYSTEM TEST

TOOK SEAFOAM AND WITH A LONG VACUMM HOSE SLOWLY SUCKED SEAFOAM, I DID IT TO ALL THE VACUMM NIPPLES THEN WOULD FINISH

RUNNIG STRAIIIGHHT SEAFOAM,

btw THAT ENGINE USED TO SEE 6500K RPMS 60% OF THE TIME

Comment

ahh yes, I can see the bottom and top of #1 cylinder where something was rattling in there.

That sucks.

Comment

internal view showing how good seafoam is on the intake
                        ____

Comment

well the intake is all cleaned and polished so it wouldnt help

btw

what u guys think of the inyector spray pattern

Comment

Working...
                          X